Help - Beer tastes bad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudog

Reaction score
So I brewed a APA and this thing is really bitter. Its in the keg right now and I am wondering should I just leave it alone for a couple of weeks and it should mellow out. The Beer taste fine until you are hit with a yeast flavor. Could this be because I stood my keg up, its was laying flat.

You don't want to move the keg around and then draw off some beer because you have stirred up the yeast residue in the keg. Let it settle for a couple of days or so and it should clear up.

As far as the yeast taste--I had the same thing happen with my Irish Red ale (first time kegging), the yeast taste went away after the first few pints.

The bitterness should mellow out a little with age.

If it hasnt been in the keg too long I would let it just sit. I can really taste a difference in my kegged beer day to day after I have kegged it. certain hops also seem to be more bitter off the start and mellow out nicely.

Well I let it sit straight for a day and it is getting better. I hope with age it taste even better.

thanks for all the help.

Age will make a huge difference. I usually wait two months from brew date to begin drinking my babies. Then again, I bottle condition. But age will help with your situation too.

Back