Best Keg Tap / Couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranford803

Reaction score
Does the tap you select to use for your kegerator have any effect on the quality? I would hate to spend money on a good co2 regulator and spout just to have the quality bottle necked by a sub par Tap. What taps do you suggest? and where are some trusted places to order from? thanks in advance!

For the spout, I'd definitely go with Perlick - search around on here and you'll see why. They're higher quality and don't 'stick'.

As for the tap, I doubt there's going to be a big difference.

Stainless, when available, will always be the "best" option for both durability and corrsion resistance. Just not so much the best option for the wallet.

+1 on the stainless forward seal faucets. Anything less is just temporary.

Micromatic makes high quality couplers (sometimes called a tap) but they sell cheaper ones, too. Avoid the no names on ebay. Other good known brands are perlick and taprite. If you're looking at used ones look out for corrosion, if it's there, pass.
If you're talking faucets, stainless is the way to go. Forward seal is preferred if you don't use the taps frequently.

All sanke couplers are pretty much the same, thanks to standardization. I'm not a big fan of the low-profile couplers though. Also, most will be nickel plated, as the stainless body is about 2x more.

You'll wanna make sure that, if you buy used, you take it apart and get nice good cleaning.

When it comes to faucets, the Perlick is the word around these parts.

Stay away from kegkits.com from what I have been hearing here. I get all my kegging "stuff" from http://www.kegconnection.com
Their pricing is good and their customer service is great from my limited experience.

Just check out this post if you ever wondered about ordering from kegkits.com

Kegconnection.com has always been good when I've ordered from them. Fast and knowledgeable.

Rapidswholesale.com is making a name around here for their supply of perlick faucets and I could see myself ordering this from them, seeing as their prices and service have impressed me.

I've also ordered from beveragefactory.com and no complaints from them.

Latest posts

Back