So i have my first wine on the last stage. when will it begin to smelling like wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
It does not smell like wine yet and I dont know if it should by now since is my first time making wine. I just racked it for the 2nd time since fermentation and it still smells weir..it does not smell bad but it doesnt smell like a wine...

What's the recipe, when did you start it, how does it look, have there been any complications?

It should start tasting like wine roughly a month after you get it out of fermentation. If you have racked it twice then you should be there most likely. I made wine this year and it tasted like a very fruity wine (think Beaujolais Nuveax(sp?)) two weeks after pressing.

Usually it takes a couple of months, sometimes even longer (depending on materials and method) for gasses and ferment byproducts to clear out. Keep re-bottling. Sometimes you may have to strain, if any must still remains.

Back