Martin House Riverside Shootout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knelson13A

Reaction score
Anyone participating this year? They'll provide as much 2-row as you need, and you can bring other base grains, plus any specialty grains you might want to use. Hops will also be provided, as will yeast. The hops they'll have are Columbus, Chinook, Cascade, Sorachi Ace, Falconer’s Flight, German Polaris, US Brewers Gold, Czech Saaz, French Strisselspalt, and US Northern Brewer. The yeast available is their house strain, comparable to WLP001, and a custom saison blend.

http://martinhousebrewing.com/Events/riverside-shootout-homebrew-competition/

I'm starting to think outside the box for recipes. Might try a quick one gallon batch in the next couple of weeks as a test to see how some combinations work.

Holidazed and Confused: cranberry Saison with cinnamon, nutmeg, and red wine soaked oak.

When is everyone's start times? I'm in the 11am group. I'm doing a Rye Belgian IPA with about 25% rye malt, using Falconer's Flight and Cascade hops, and MH's saison blend. Did a test batch a couple of months ago (used WLP590) and it's one of the best beers I've made, I think. Hopefully it turns out as good for the competition.

We have one of the 8 am slots. Still tweaking a recipe but its going to be really interesting. We really aim for the odd styles.

Other than a higher than expected boil-off, everything went great yesterday. That was a ton of fun. Pitched the yeast when I got home last night, and fermentation was already going strong when I left for work this morning.

Back