Moving primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider67

Reaction score
I brewed a caribou slobber, my first brew, its been in the primary 3 weeks tommorow,

i plan on bottling this week, but the primary is at my office (thats where my ferm chamber is).

My office is only a 1/4 mile from the house is it ok to load up and bring home and let it sit for a couple days to settle back down then bottle ?

Id bottle at my office but i dont have a stove there to make up the priming solution.

also fermentation is done

Thanks
Tim

I think you should be fine man, just take it slow. Too much rocking could aerate the beer.

I'm sure it's fine to move it, but if the only reason not to bottle at your office is the lack of a stove, you could always boil that at home and bring it to your office (taking proper sanitation precautions).

I'm sure it's fine to move it, but if the only reason not to bottle at your office is the lack of a stove, you could always boil that at home and bring it to your office (taking proper sanitation precautions).

Going up my steps makes me cautious! Let settle for sure to be safe if take home

Back