Keg Conditioning - Cold or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpbergie

Reaction score
I just racked my PA into a 5 gallon corny after 3 weeks in a primary (i dont have a secondary carboy). I put it into the kegerator to condition, but should i have left it at room temperature instead of 40 degrees to condition? Im not carbing it yet.

Now that I have a fridge, I plan to cold condition pretty much every beer that I can. Assuming that fermentation is complete, the cold will help precipitate any solids that remain in the beer, along with the yeast. It should result in a cleaner beer, which is appropriate for a pale ale.

So I think you're doing the right thing.

If you are doing natural carbonation, yes, you will need to leave it at room temperatures until it carbs. If you are just letting it condition until you force carbonate, you are fine as is. After 3 weeks in primary, all you will be doing with a pale ale is maturing and clearing which will be fine in your kegerator.

Latest posts

Back