What happened?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwetherford

Reaction score
S my beer is done fermenting and I took a reading and it came out at 0000 wtf it's supposed to be a 4 percenter

Help us help you. We need more info. Also, how does something have a gravity reading of 0000? You wouldn't happen to be in the international space station, would you?

as far as 0000 *(give or take a ONE)

a high alcohol beer, with a buch of residuals COULD come out at 1.0 it's just unlikely.

My hydrometer just dropped all the way inn it seemed I dont get it like on th hydrometer there's the percent average and it went to 0%

I have only used it to take the of for this beer and it was 1.040 and there's no way it's a high abv beer it's a American cream ale

an FG 1.000 is really, really, really low. 1.000 is the gravity of water. You don't get that with beer unless there's some sort of infection. Most beers end somewhere in the range of 1.005 to 1.020, and that's being generous on the low end.

Your hydrometer may be off, check it - put in just plain ol' water (at the same temp you measure your beer at) and see if it still measures 1.000.

How did you take the gravity? Make sure it's floating and not touching the sides of the test jar. Sometimes you have to add a bit more beer to the sample jar to ensure it's floating.

Back