Used liquor barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you provide a quote on shipping 2 5-gallon whiskey barrels to 03032? Do you have any larger sizes?

How long are you guys letting your brews set in these barrels? I have a oatmeal stout in a primary I'm planing on putting in a whiskey barrel and a coco choco porter I'm gonna put in my rum barrel...I want a bold flavor and have 5 gallons of each that won't go in a barrel so I can blend if it gets too strong. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Monitor the first beer, it will take on Rum quick. I had mine in for about 3 weeks and it sucked up a ton of Rum so monitor it. My RIS has been in for about 3 months and the Rum is very subtle but the wood/tannins are really coming through.

I will send an estimate soon.

Around 3 then you can take it sour or just age big beers in it to get the oxidation and you can add oak spirals to get the flavor. Shipping is $19

Hypothetically speaking, could you use to age whiskey in again with good results? How long would you be able to leave it in there for? How much for a barrel plus shipping to 14482?

If you are interested in a 10 gallon Whiskey barrel please pm me. They are $150+shipping, please leave your zip code when you pm.
JOhn

Another props for these amazing barrels. Just racked my second beer from it after 6 weeks -- a 12.5% barley wine that was similar to Angel's Share (Port Brewing) and it is divine. Rummy, boozy, oaky. Incredible. Now to brew the same beer again and let it age for 6 months to a year...

For people wondering about times, so far I did the first beer six days, second beer 6 weeks and planning on third beer 6 months...

I'm loving the 6-6-6 rule :)

T

Do you have any 5 gallon rum brandy etc? If not any idea on when you will be getting some in

Interested in a 5 when you get them again... Just need to get one that will be good for the English barleywine I have fermenting (~15% estimated ABV).

No Tequila barrels, sorry.

I will have barrels at the end of Jan-mid Feb. I'm not sure if there will be any 5's in that batch.

No Tequila barrels, sorry.

I will have barrels at the end of Jan-mid Feb. I'm not sure if there will be any 5's in that batch.

If you do get some 5's in the mix, I'd like to know what they had in them. After that, what's the next time you expect to get some? The batch is still venting CO2, so I have time. Not sure if it will be ready for the barrel by the end of Feb at this time.

Back