What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
317BREW said:

I'm having the same, been putting them away a lot lately. The place up the street has 16 oz 4 pack cans for $10. I posted a couple days ago I can't drink enough of those!

image-234039575.jpg

dirtybasementbrew said:
I'm having the same, been putting them away a lot lately. The place up the street has 16 oz 4 pack cans for $10. I posted a couple days ago I can't drink enough of those!

I agree. I can't get enough torpedo either!

Good grief! I don't buy beer in TN; they can't even sell Torpedo at the grocery because it's 'high gravity'. I do buy been in NC and I think 12 packs were on sale for $12 most of the summer. Is all beer that expensive in PA?

dirtybasementbrew said:

I was going to get Hopslam but I didn't have enough cash. Ill probably get some Friday

TNGabe said:
Good grief! I don't buy beer in TN; they can't even sell Torpedo at the grocery because it's 'high gravity'. I do buy been in NC and I think 12 packs were on sale for $12 most of the summer. Is all beer that expensive in PA?

Beer here is not cheap, the state has a pretty deep pocket when it comes to alcohol tax. But we do have some really good local brewers that are fairly priced eg troegs, victory, yards, sixpoint

Swarley88 said:
Mad Hatter. Pretty good with the homemade salsa I'm munching on!

That's what's up next for me. By the way, I want your glass. ;)

That's what's up next for me. By the way, I want your glass. ;)

I just got it this weekend! Up next might be either Boulevard Sixth Glass or a Marooned on Hog Island for me. I'll send you one if you want to send me some glassware as well.

dirtybasementbrew said:
My wife's home made watermelon merlot, didn't come out too bad. A bit sweet no dry to it at all, none the less tasty

That sounds good! Mind sharing the recipe?

I brewed this RIS a year ago with my buddy in Virginia and this is the last bottle. I should have aged the rest of the batch this long 'cause I fvcking love this. It was aged on french oak cubes prior to bottling and that character has mellowed beautifully. I didn't put any vanilla in it but I'm getting a strong note of it in this, probably as part of the oak character. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe anymore, but having this has inspired me to brew another RIS soon so I can age all of it for a year or more.

20130304_184000.jpg

Swarley88 said:
I just got it this weekend! Up next might be either Boulevard Sixth Glass or a Marooned on Hog Island for me. I'll send you one if you want to send me some glassware as well.

PM'd ya.
How is the Marooned on Hog Island? Sounds pretty cool! Who doesn't love oysters? I've heard of it but isn't available here.

WesleyS said:
That sounds good! Mind sharing the recipe?

WesleyS, it's an orchard breezin kit, she took up wine making to off set all my brew time haha! She had to one up me buy ordering labels with kit. My label still not done (in design yet)

PM'd ya.
How is the Marooned on Hog Island? Sounds pretty cool! Who doesn't love oysters? I've heard of it but isn't available here.

Oh it's pretty awesome. Yeah I figured it wouldn't make it down there. Pretty tasty though!

dirtybasementbrew said:
WesleyS, it's an orchard breezin kit, she took up wine making to off set all my brew time haha! She had to one up me buy ordering labels with kit. My label still not done (in design yet)

Sweet, I'll check it out. I like winemaking as well and my wife will actually drink wine.

Just downed a Schlafly's American IPA! So. Damn. Good. American Hoppy goodness with good malt support. Wish they distributed in the Chicago Region :drunk:

Finally got around to WestlyS stout. Forgot what he said that went into this brew. What's the abv wes? It's slightly low on carbonation. Little roasty and chocolatey. Light body. Not bad at all. Personally it need more body and roast/chocolate but a nice easy to drink stout with *blank* in it lol. Better than fort bend thunder stout imo

ForumRunner_20130304_184931.png

DisturbdChemist said:
Finally got around to WestlyS stout. Forgot what he said that went into this brew. What's the abv wes? It's slightly low on carbonation. Little roasty and chocolatey. Light body. Not bad at all. Personally it need more body and roast/chocolate but a nice easy to drink stout with *blank* in it lol. Better than fort bend thunder stout imo

Sorry, I should've labeled it. It's my Promised Land Stout so it's a milk and honey stout. The ABV is 6%. The carb might be low because I'm still getting the hang of bottling from the keg and the carbonation is low to begin with because of the style. I did go too restrained with the roasted grain so I'll probably adjust the recipe accordingly next time.

mcbaumannerb hooked me up with a couple of these and all I can say is wow, this is awesome. I know it's an imperial amber, but it is borderline IIPA except it's a little too malty to be considered an IIPA. Piney, citrusy hop character and a fairly dry finish are all refreshing and quite welcome especially after that chewy RIS I just had. Great beer!

20130304_195400.jpg

Sorry, I should've labeled it. It's my Promised Land Stout so it's a milk and honey stout. The ABV is 6%. The carb might be low because I'm still getting the hang of bottling from the keg and the carbonation is low to begin with because of the style. I did go too restrained with the roasted grain so I'll probably adjust the recipe accordingly next time.

The low carb is fine. It's good to the style. I'm also trying to bottle from the keg. Got a few bottles but still figuring it out. First few I'm happy with just need to bottle some more. Just add a little more roast and it should be better.

Cheers!
DP

Nice pic Nuke!!

I am drinking a blue moon clone. This batch came out low on the OG, so it is lacking in depth of flavor besides the orange and coriander. The carb is low too. I carbed this one a little lower on purpose for others but I dont like it. Meh...

A friend from Sacramento brought this by. Not bad. ESB meets Amber.....light bodied, little hop nose and bitter/dry finish. Some burlap glued to the bottleneck....like in the olden days when you didn't want to loose your drink while on horseback.

image.jpg

Apparently 4 beers wasn't quit enough, so I've opened a Motueka biere de mars. I'm glad I bottled it like it is instead of going with my brett plan, but I can't wait to brew it again with some subtle spicing and finish it with brett.

image-781213778.jpg

Could use some more late hop character on this one, but it's stylistically accurate. They could also back off the maltiness a bit to bring out the hops. Over all it's OK, but I don't think I'd buy it again. I'm still going to finish the 6 pack, though.

20130304_203800.jpg

Back