where to buy an airlock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvail

Reaction score
I am going to be going to town today (I am a half hour from town, try not to go too often) - is there a place like a hardware store, pet store, etc. that I could buy an airlock? I keep reading how everybody says they are cheap, but not where to get them. I don't think I have any stores specifically for wine making near me......

About the only kind a of airlock assembly you'll be able to get at Hardware store is the makings for a blowoff. Jam a tube into the hole, fill a mason jar with water, put the other end of the tube in the water. Blowoff done.

Add your location to you profile (or just tell us here) and we might be able to locate the nearest HBS if you are set on an airlock.

if you don't have a nearby beer/wine shop or need one in a hurry and don't want to shop online, then you will have to rig up a blowoff tube, you can get stuf for that from a hardware store.....

What are you using to ferment in, a bucket or a carboy?

ah, thanks. The blowoff sounds easy.....

I am in Skagit County, WA - I usually go to ''town'' (Mt.Vernon or Burlington) once a week - I will be leaving in about a half hour to go today......

The closest ones in your area are Everett, Bellingham, or Anacortes. I used to live on Whidbey, Anacortes isn't too much out of your way from Mt Vernon.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS299&q=homebrew+supply+stores%2C+Mt+Vernon%2C+WA"]Info on the closest ones. [/ame]

thanks for the info - I will decide whether to go to the Anacortes one or the Bellingham one - I go to Bellingham about once a month - and will be going on the 5th - so I might go to that one then.....
Thanks again

edit: after looking at both those places again - I think I'll go to the Anacortes one - they have a website and looks like they have all you would ever need! I can't find a specific website for the bellingham one........

Back