Blichmann Boilermaker cosmetic defect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get a boilermaker with a cosmetic defect, I'm looking for a 15 gallon and would love to save a few bucks if I can find one

If I am not mistaken, any retailer that sells Blichmann stuff can order them if they are available. I would call Northern Brewer and see what they say.

I Got 3 15 gal cosmetic defects, called s1, from rebel Brewer, they are 10% off retail and I couldn't even find a single scratch on them. Great deal if I ever buy bigger Boilermakers I would buy blemished again

If I am not mistaken, any retailer that sells Blichmann stuff can order them if they are available. I would call Northern Brewer and see what they say.

Called them and they hooked me up with a cosmetic defect 15 gallon boilermaker and shipping was only 7.99. (and no tax!) Thanks

Demon said:
Comments like that are the brewing equivalent of me saying "I'm buying a Jeep" and you chiming in with "Why not get a Prius? It has better MPG."

Not really.

Comments like that are the brewing equivalent of me saying "I'm buying a Jeep" and you chiming in with "Why not get a Prius? It has better MPG."

I have a Prius and usually use it when I make the drive to pick up malt. Record so far is 400lb of malt, still got 50mpg. Don't need no stinking Jeep. Then again I live in town, maybe you need a Jeep.

It seems odd to be buying the most expensive darned kettle on the market, and then want to buy a scratch and dent to save $20.

Lennie said:
I have a Prius and usually use it when I make the drive to pick up malt. Record so far is 400lb of malt, still got 50mpg. Don't need no stinking Jeep. Then again I live in town, maybe you need a Jeep.

It seems odd to be buying the most expensive darned kettle on the market, and then want to buy a scratch and dent to save $20.

I have a prius too!

I probably saved around 40 bucks total. 40 bucks is 40 bucks I can use for something else. I can live with a scratch just fine

It's actually more like saying "I'm buying a corvette" and you chiming in with "Why not a beat up 66 Shelby Cobra" you could save some money up front, and with a lot of work it could be just as nice as a corvette.

Lennie said:

400 pounds is about the equivalent of two passengers, so I hope you'd be able to pull close to the rated MPG. Hardly impressive.

400 pounds is about the equivalent of two passengers, so I hope you'd be able to pull close to the rated MPG. Hardly impressive.

There were also two passengers and I believe we probably exceeded 400lb. 50mpg is impressive to me every time I pull into the gas station.

I have a prius but I drive like an a-hole so I only get 47 mpg. Not a bad compromise for getting my speed fix AND great mpg.

My max has been 3 fifty pound sacks of pilsner malt and 50 pounds of cane sugar in one trip. That's only one extra passenger. I still got good mileage AND I got to drive like a pricque. Best of both worlds.

My E46 M3 was WAY faster but I got WAY too many tickets in that beast.

I have an '03 Dodge Durango that gets terrible gas mileage but I work from home so I don't drive it very much. Calculate that! :fro:

I have a Ford F-150 Platinum that gets 13.2 MPG if I'm lucky so suck on that!:D
Next time I'll have you swing by and we'll pick up a pallet of malt. I'll even have them drop it from twenty feet in the air like in the Ford commercial.

I have a Ford F-150 Platinum that gets 13.2 MPG if I'm lucky so suck on that!:D
Next time I'll have you swing by and we'll pick up a pallet of malt. I'll even have them drop it from twenty feet in the air like in the Ford commercial. On top of a dozen dinged Blichmanns.

I've heard them referred to as Blingmann, I guess the scratch and dent stuff is Dingmann?

Or, we can drop a pallet of malt on your Prius and see which one fairs better. I'm betting on the F-150 and I hate Fords.

Next time I'll have you swing by and we'll pick up a pallet of malt. I'll even have them drop it from twenty feet in the air like in the Ford commercial. On top of a dozen dinged Blichmanns.

I've heard them referred to as Blingmann, I guess the scratch and dent stuff is Dingmann?
The commercials are rediculous.

BTW I've always owned GMs. However when we started looking 3 years ago the GM truck looked so stale and needed some serious updating compared to the Ford. I never thought I would own a Ford Truck but dang I've been happy. The F150 has been hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. The Platinum version makes me feel like I'm driving a luxury sedan with the benefits of a truck.

Back