Ebrewsupply 2 PID 2 Element 50a kit help PLEASE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J311gonzo

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm strongly considering purchasing the 2 PID 2 ele. 50a kit from Ebrewsupply. I understand that I have to purchase the PIDS and temp probes, and I understand the jist of the wiring. what I dont get is the following:

The list of parts is as follows:
8 - LEDs (2 white 220v, 2 blue 110v, 2 yellow 110v, 1 red 110v, and 1 green 220v)
1 - Buzzer
2 - 25a 2-Pole DIN Rail Breakers
1 - 15a 1-Pole DIN Rail Breaker
1 - Emergency Stop locking push button with NC Contact
1 - Extra No contact for E-Stop
6 - 2-Way Switches with 1 NO Contact. For power to PIDs, element contactors, and pumps
1 - Key toggle Switch for panel on/off
1 - 63a DIN Contactors w/ 110v Coils for main power
2 - 25a DIN Contactors w/ 110v Coils for element control
2 - 40a Solid State Relays for PID control of elements, includes heatsink
1 meter of DIN rail, cut in either 1/3s (fits enclosure perfectly) or 1/2
25 - Terminal Blocks for wire from 6-24 awg
8 - Terminal block anchoring ends
4 - Terminal block end covers
4 - Terminal block seperators
3 - Terminal block connecting bridge pieces
1 - Wiring diagram with our recommended design

and here is the diagram:
http://www.ebrewsupply.com/designs/PID/50a-PID-2-2-2PID-Electric.pdf

when I follow the diagram from the "start" I see that it comes from the wall to 2 "Contracter 2 poles 40 a". what I don't see are any of those on the list. what am I missing? Also I noticed that there are 2 other contracter items in the element loop.

Has anyone here built this system? if so could you please list some pictures !!!!

thanks!:ban:

Interesting........the parts list on the schematic doesn't match the one in your post. You might consider getting ebrewsupply to verify one of the parts lists as being correct and then make sure they send the right parts. I went to their website and looked at the picture of the parts included in the package and the number of contactors and relays matches the parts list on the schematic rather than the parts list on the product page, so I expect you'll actually get the 40A contactors. Still, they need to verify it for you.

Yeastern- thank you i will do that.

Bullywee- looking through your pictures you have an older build that is very similar to the one I want to do. how difficult was it? I'm really excited to get to it, I just hope I can figure it out without zapping myself.

Yeastern- thank you i will do that.

Bullywee- looking through your pictures you have an older build that is very similar to the one I want to do. how difficult was it? I'm really excited to get to it, I just hope I can figure it out without zapping myself.

I built two systems based off PJ's :rockin: wiring diagram's, ordering the parts was the hardest part. The physical building of the systems wasnt too bad. My profession (aircraft mechanic) definatley helped me.

I noticed the same thing while I was going through the process of buying from ebrewsupply. I got my kit in on Wednesday and it's awesome, I've been cutting up the enclosure all day yesterday and about to start mocking up the wiring today.

Anyway, the diagram on the site he has up is an old one I believe. If you go to this post, you will see the new diagram. go-electric-they-said-will-fun-they-said-392830/#post4940877

It is the 3rd diagram down I believe. Hope that helps. If you need any more info or want some pictures of the parts before I try (key word there) to wire everything up just let me know.

Latest posts

Back