5 gallon gott-type cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitt100

Reaction score
For those who use one or have used used one how many pounds of grain can you mash without having overflow or overflowing when putting on the lid? Thanks,
Pitt

Baron von BeeGee said:
Most I ever did in a 5g was almost 14#. That's what convinced me to buy a larger cooler. OTOH, 85% of my batches have less than 14# of grain (5g batches).

Wow... not bad. You can do a hell of a lot with 14 pounds of grain.

Beer Snob said:
Wow... not bad. You can do a hell of a lot with 14 pounds of grain.
Yeah, but it was a super thick mash and required multiple batch sparges. I don't think my efficiency was great, but can't really remember. It's much easier and less stressful using a 36qt cooler.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Yeah, but it was a super thick mash and required multiple batch sparges. I don't think my efficiency was great, but can't really remember. It's much easier and less stressful using a 36qt cooler.

Did you check out that link.... they are selling cut Stanke's for $50 a crack! Wonder how much UPS would be....

Beer Snob said:
Did you check out that link.... they are selling cut Stanke's for $50 a crack! Wonder how much UPS would be....

I'm guessing about $30. That's how much at least it was for my keg off ebay.

Beer Snob said:

No offense, Snob, but whre have you been(other than in the hospital)? I must have posted the link to those kegs three times in the last couple of months! Send Mike Conard an email to get an idea for shipping.:D

ablrbrau said:
No offense, Snob, but whre have you been(other than in the hospital)? I must have posted the link to those kegs three times in the last couple of months! Send Mike Conard an email to get an idea for shipping.:D

:D I think at this time I am going to plead the 5th amendment.:D

Back