What food with what BEER - or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy.

This is one of my favorite vids on U-chube ever.
Not only do they make a superb sammich, but Julia's insistence on a beer at the end is superb. She ain't gonna take no **** from no damn Frenchman here!

**Please, I have absolutely nothing against no damn Frenchmen!! I absolutely love France!***

Personally, I don't like beer with many foods. And when, it has to be quite a strong beer. My Greek neighbor is always arguing with me about this.
"Beer is only for drinking with food!" she says. I tell her the same about wine.

In fact, I would have gone along with the French guy above and gone for a glass of red wine with bread.

For me, beer is for drinking on its own. Or even with Maria. One of these days...

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well...youre going to have to drink beer..."

Well done all around, except that the beer is Boston Lager.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for this.

Except maybe with marinara. That just cries out for a bottle of red, bottle of white; whatever kind of mood you're in tonight.

I like an ice cold pils or kolsch with a med rare steak and potatoes. Pretty German dinner now that I say it out loud, IPA with BBQ chicken red wine with pasta. I have no kind of pallet. I like food way over seasoned and spicey.

Julius Echter Dunkelweizen with Schwarzbrot mit rohen schinken (blackbread with raw bacon) and Weisswurst was one of my all time favorite meals when I was active duty Army and stationed just outside of Wurzburg Germany.

So hard to find a place here in the States that sells a good Weisswurst.

Back