Which brew gods do you have to pay homage to for a smooth brew day???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheezydemon3 said:
What?????

Because he actually thinks for himself, he needs more education?

You are funny.

No my response had nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the poster responding to a humorous thread in a condescending way

I think it was intended to be humorous. There were a couple of different posts which were probably a little bit too religious, which is a road we definitely shouldn't go down.

I'm still sticking with Odin! :mug: He gets mad if I don't drink while brewing, and also if I don't stir counterclockwise.

Five Star Chemical company, home depot, and the nearest propane exhange. If all three of those are on my side (open/available). Then I cleanse the room of evil spirits with some sage blessed under a full moon, crack open a home brew, double-check my equipment and ingredients, and finally fire up my strike water.

This is probably the source of my woes. Unfortunately, my occupation forbids any beard growth, and if I did grow one, it would be more like a Joe Dirt beard than anything... which might offend them more...

The brewgods shall make allowances for the beard of Joe Dirt; however, the blessing of a smooth brewday shall be bestowed only upon the creation of light American lagers.
Hear ye these words and despair.

I invariably find myself shaking my propane tank, and then saying a small prayer to any entity that will listen asking for enough propane to finish the boil.

However, as a rule, I try not to involve any additional spirits or deities. There are already too many Gnomes, Fairies, Bears, and other mischievous things attracted by the brewing habit - I don't need any more complication...

Dionysus == Bacchus

Also I feel like they are more wine-oriented than beer-oriented.

That's why I mentioned Osiris. He pre-dated Bacchus/Dionysus, and if I remember correctly, was credited with teaching the Egyptians to brew beer. :D

After I read the title, I immediately thought: myself

I was having a sub-par brew day on Sunday until I realized I wasn't drinking any of my own homebrew. I opened some up and the rest was smooth

Quoted for truth. The only time I seem to goof on calculations is when I'm stone cold sober.

One of the best beers I've ever brewed (a "traditional" porter that's to die for) went from midboil to chill to fermenter and pitch with me so gone on homebrew I didn't (and still don't) remember the process.

-Rich

Back