pumpkin ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used canned yams. At the time I couldnt find any pumpkin, but I used two of the large cans, baked them for one hour at 350 and added them to my boil with 30 min. left.

It has been bottled for two weeks now. I think I will crack one open tonight and give it a try!

I'm about to make a Pumpkin Porter, will be adding 30oz canned pumpkin @ 15 min before end of boil.

I just made a pumpkin porter and put 75oz in the boil at 60 minutes. I put the roasted pumpkin in my fine mesh hop bags to help ease transfer into the carboy. Oddly enough, the pumpkin doesn't really come through! Next time I'd avoid the bags and deal with a slow funneling process. Just an FYI.

If you really want to use a fresh pumpkin, skin it, take the guts out, dice the meat, mash it with a potato masher, roast it at 350*F for 90 minutes, dump into boil. Use it all! You're doing a pumpkin ale! For me, more pumpkin = more tastiness! :D

Back