should i be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtvet

Reaction score
brewed my first batch 2 days ago and was bubbling well initially but has stopped. i posted earlier and someone said to check the gravity as fermentation may be done already. the gravity was 1.012 (1.052 starting gravity). its is the true brew nut brown ale--i also noticed that the color seemed very light. should i be worried? does the color come with time or is this it? these are probably dumb questions but i am completely new at this. thanks a lot.

I would say yes fermentation is probably over, or almost over. As for the color, how light is it? I know that brown ales are not super dark, they should be a light brown color depending on the malts used.

given your starting gravity that is a perfectly acceptable final gravity. let it sit for another 12 days to finish secondary fermentation then bottle. you have nothing to worry about. lightening is normal as the yeast eat the sugars. i don't think it will get darker with age i wouldn't be to worried. just say calm and don't get in a hurry to drink your beer.

Back