When to add hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelvelookslikex

Reaction score
I ordered a Brown IPA kit That already comes with 1oz Summt, 2oz Glacier, and 1 oz Palisade. I ordered 1oz cascade for dry hopping not knowing that the kit says to dry hop with the 1oz Palisade. I want to include the cascade but in not sure where now? This is my first time brewing. Im thinking put them in at flameout?

Kit instruction
1oz Summit 60 min
1oz Glacier 10 min
1oz Glacier 2 min
1oz Palisade dry hop

You didn't specify if this is a 5G batch, and what the recipe is for, so any kind of IBU calculation can't be done by us.

I like Cascade as a dry hop, and as bittering hops. Either way works well in IPAs.

Yes its a 5gal batch. I love stong hops I wouldnt care it my beer was over 100 ibu. but I know it will not be.

Its a Indian Brown Ale around 7% alc
6 lb. Gold liquid malt extract
2 lb. Light dry malt extract
1 lb. Brown Sugar
8 oz. Caramel 60L,
4 oz. Coffee malt,
2 oz. Roasted Barley,
1 oz. Summit,
2 oz. Glacier,
1 oz. Palisade

I ordered a Brown IPA kit That already comes with 1oz Summt, 2oz Glacier, and 1 oz Palisade. I ordered 1oz cascade for dry hopping not knowing that the kit says to dry hop with the 1oz Palisade. I want to include the cascade but in not sure where now? This is my first time brewing. Im thinking put them in at flameout?

Kit instruction
1oz Summit 60 min
1oz Glacier 10 min
1oz Glacier 2 min
1oz Palisade dry hop

Yeah that'll work. I'd probably do the Glacier at 5 and 1 minute instead of 10 and 2 as well.

Im a noob...but I would think you could either dry hop with Palisade and use the cascade in the boil...

Or if you like the aroma of Cascade use the Palisade in boil and Dry Hop with cascade...
I suppose you could put half of each...in boil and dry hop...

Anyone ever do a 1/2 and 1/2 dry hop.....I guess you could....

I am sure you will get better answers in the near future below.

Back