My first full-time job...and it's at a brewery :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinnyShamrock

Reaction score
I can tell I'm going to like my job. I start Monday. Of course, the whole living on my own thing is kind of terrifying. Good thing Harrisburg is cheap to live in, because breweries don't pay much!

Also, kinda depressed that I spent $100K on a Music Recording Technology degree...and then didn't get a job related to it at all. Yay economy!

Harrisburg!

Been there... love the nuke plant... congrats on the job!

congrats on the job, keep looking, you may land something sooner or later. took me 1.5 years after college to get into my field of study.

Sometimes a degree just shows that you have a brain and can learn. Heck, why else would there be so many English majors (including me!)?

If you end up doing something you love, it's a fair trade, no?

Nice! Congrats! Which one? Troegs? ABC?

Troegs. I'll be helping with the bottling line, and wrapping pallets and moving stuff around...pretty basic, but it's still awesome. I start bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm nervous/excited/stressed. But I can tell it's going to be sweet :rockin:

Congrats, I used to live in the Harrisburg area, 1997-98, a very nice place to live. I'm a bit jealous myself. I grew up in Doylestown, not far from you.
EWnjoy your work at the brewery, maybe they'll hook you up with beer with your paycheck like my buddy who was doing some welding for Sam Adams in the Lehigh Valley. Good luck to you.

Troegs. I'll be helping with the bottling line, and wrapping pallets and moving stuff around...pretty basic, but it's still awesome. I start bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm nervous/excited/stressed. But I can tell it's going to be sweet :rockin:

Excellent! Congrats! Lots of opportunties there. :mug:

Troegs? My bud just brought back a bottle of their tripple belgian from Philly the other day. HOLY HELL is that thing good. I'd be all "Lavern and Shirly" working on that bottling line....

Was the brewery on Laverne and Shirley the Schatz brewery? :D

First two days were pretty nuts. Monday we bottled 1900 cases, a single-day record for them. And it was all Nugget Nectar :ban: Today I cleaned 56 sixtels and 47 1/2 kegs and filled them with Pale Ale. My back hurts haha those damn things weigh a ton.

And they do hook us up with beer, although I'm probably not supposed to disclose how much :p

Chris and John are cool guys and I like how the place is laid out. They aren't all jammed up there and everything isn't on top of everything else.

Do they have the "new" bottling line that uses the overhead track to get the cases to the back room yet? Must be if they hit a record.

with the amount they told my homebrew club what they spent on hops I think they can afford to let you walk out the door with a keg now and again.

Pol, the next time you fly out of Harrisburg would ya keep it over the water? When you guys are trying to gain altitude and fly over the townhouse man is it loud. j/k

Congrats! :mug:
Troegs is one of my favorite breweries and I freaking love the Nugget Nectar. I visited on their 10 year anniversary and got to meet the Chris and John.

One of those sixtels may be for me. I have a sixtel of NN on reserve. congrats on the job, and get filling those 1/6 of NN. I'm seriously Jonseing man.....

Back