Saison Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saccharomyces

Be good to your yeast...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on a Saison I want to brew. EdWorts sounds yummy but I want to go a wee bit stronger. :drunk: I cobbled this together pulling bits from about a dozen recipes gathered across the web.

12# Belgian Pils
0.5# Belgian Aromatic
0.5# Vienna
1# Light Belgian Candi Sugar
1# Flaked Wheat
EKG to 20 IBU
0.25 oz Coriander, Black Pepper, Anise @Flameout.

Assuming I get 70% brewhouse eff. it comes out at OG 1.071.

SI mash 75 min @149
Boil 90 minutes
WLP 568 yeast, 2 1/2 qt starter from Jamil's calc.

nice, make sure you ferment on the warm side, but keep a constant temperature. You might have to suffer and set your air conditioner to 80 so that your beer will ferment properly, but it is a small sacrifice to make for the beer.

nice, make sure you ferment on the warm side, but keep a constant temperature. You might have to suffer and set your air conditioner to 80 so that your beer will ferment properly, but it is a small sacrifice to make for the beer.

Thanks. The garage is nice and warm but probably swings too much so I'm still thinking about the fermentation setup. I have read this strain does well over 80 and gets stuck below 75.

- Eric

Back