Tv

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
During dinner, Bob and I were talking and I said that instead of listening to music tonight, that I'd maybe turn on the TV. We haven't had the TV on in at least a couple of weeks.

He said, "Fine. What are you going to watch?".

Well. I just dunno. We have basic cable. I could watch the "major" networks. What the heck is even on TV? I have no idea.

Anybody want to give me a clue as to what would be on TV tonight between 7-9 PM (central) that might be the least bit entertaining?

A bunch of crap. We get I don't know how many 100s of channels and if I turn the TV on I hardly find anything worth watching.

Hardly watch TV anymore. I getting ready to cancel cable at the end of the month when our contract is up. Save 100 bucks a month.

I don't watch TV either so I can't help with tonight's riveting lineup, but why do you have cable if you don't watch TV? Is it because the Wings aren't playing anymore?

I don't watch TV either so I can't help with tonight's riveting lineup, but why do you have cable if you don't watch TV? Is it because the Wings aren't playing anymore?

Well, we have cable so we can at least watch the news once in a while if we want. We're about 100 miles from any town of any size that would have a TV station, so we have basic cable at $375 per year just in case we want to watch something.

Game 6 of the Spurs/Thunder series. TNT 8:30pm EDT

I have one of DirecTV's more expensive package and basically watch sports and a little bit of discovery or military channels. :eek:

Swamp people of course, 9pm on the history channel. Nothing like rednecks in boats trying not to get killed by gators. Best show on tv.

Oh yeah. Possibly the last game of the NHL playoffs tonight.

Kings going for the sweep.

I would definitely go with Swamp People, but it does not look like it is on tonight (here anyway). Troy is my hero! Looks like a poor night for TV. Might just want to stick with HBT tonight.

I see that Hatfields-McCoys is being rerun on LIFEHD (Part 1 tonight) if you get that with your basic cable. It was on History Channel a couple weeks ago - I can fault the way they did some things, but interesting history anyway.

I would definitely go with Swamp People, but it does not look like it is on tonight (here anyway). Troy is my hero! Looks like a poor night for TV. Might just want to stick with HBT tonight.

The website says it's on Thursdays at 9pm. We dvr everything so I can't remember when anythings on.

I watch a lot of public tv and AMC has some good old movies on. I love sitcoms but not all of them. I like Fox on Sunday night for the cartoon comedies. I like RFDTV because I like gardening and farming. I hate the competition and reality shows. But I too have trouble sometimes even with all the channels finding something good to watch.

Tonight? Not sure.

The wife accidentally cut through our TV antenna coax outside the house twice while triming around some plants with her Fiskars shears, she claims she never felt it, about 3 weeks ago. I have not fixed it. I don't plan to. I have internet and even then I have been busy with other hobbies.

Get a DVR. Record what you want and watch it when you want. Fast forward through the commercials. There is nothing on TV . I went 4 years without A TV and can no longer watch anything in real time. Whenever I get a free couple of days of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, I try to find something to record but it's mostly crappy movies.

If you're not watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, I don't know WTF you're doing.

I watch Family Feud with Steve Harvey in the afternoon sometimes...but I work nights and by then I know I need to get to sleep soon. I have also had a few beers by then and wind of sayin' to the dog "the answers are on the bowrd". :D

200 channels & usually nothing worth watching on any of them, except news of course, but even that gets old after you've seen it. But with Netflix, I can at least watch omthing I like, when I want to watch it. I miss out on a lot of the Discovery channel stuff, but I've seen the nazi shows, the reality shows about fishing, logging, trucking, etc...

I'm sooooo tired of all these so-called "reality" shows. I'll watch The Walking Dead & escape reality for an hour. IMHO, that's what TV is for. When that fails, there's always books or the internet.
Regards, GF.

I had to try an air antenna for work at home to see if there is a problem with signal loss going into our building. I managed to find a program on Hummingbirds on PBS. It was so good I went out and brought my daughters headlights in to restore while I watched.

It's been many years since I watched OTA TV. Most of the nature programming I watch is on the DISH (Granted, they are sometimes on the dish feed of the local PBS station.)

Hummingbirds are fascinating and I never knew there were so many varieties!

Well, we have cable so we can at least watch the news once in a while if we want. We're about 100 miles from any town of any size that would have a TV station, so we have basic cable at $375 per year just in case we want to watch something.

I got fed up with our cable company always finding new ways to increase their fees. Between phone, TV, and ISP we were getting billed $250 a month.

I spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to drop channels and services to reduce our bill and when all was said and done the clerk on the phone told me that (after dropping nearly 60% of services) I would save $10.

So I dropped everything but the ISP.

I would have dropped that too if we have anything else High Speed here that is competitive.

I had to try an air antenna for work at home to see if there is a problem with signal loss going into our building. I managed to find a program on Hummingbirds on PBS. It was so good I went out and brought my daughters headlights in to restore while I watched.

It's been many years since I watched OTA TV. Most of the nature programming I watch is on the DISH (Granted, they are sometimes on the dish feed of the local PBS station.)

Hummingbirds are fascinating and I never knew there were so many varieties!

I planted a pair of Rose of Sharon trees outside our kitchen window. At least once a summer that tree looks like it's buzzing with bumblebees when, in fact, it's a LOT of hummingbirds.

I planted a pair of Rose of Sharon trees outside our kitchen window. At least once a summer that tree looks like it's buzzing with bumblebees when, in fact, it's a LOT of hummingbirds.

I need to set up some good foliage to supplement our feeder (and get back to taking care of the feeder!)

When I went down south to go caving we stopped at a lady's house to get permission to cave on her property and she had a TON of hummingbirds around her feeder. Watching them was incredible. They are VERY aggressive birds, especially when it comes to their food source!

On the TV program they set up a twirling feeder and the hummingbird managed to fly up inside the spinning spout and feed while hovering and turning with the feeder.

They had tons of hi res slo-mo footage on that show. It's definitely worth watching if you have an interest in nature or birds.

Watching them was incredible. They are VERY aggressive birds, especially when it comes to their food source!

They are very aggressive... I watch them and am amazed. I have feeders and flowers to attract. If you can follow the dominate bird to it's watching/resting spot you will see them.... just sitting there waiting to attack. Back on topic though.... TV...

They are very aggressive... I watch them and am amazed. I have feeders and flowers to attract. If you can follow the dominate bird to it's watching/resting spot you will see them.... just sitting there waiting to attack. Back on topic though.... TV...

We have 3 feeders each about 50-75 feet from each other and I have seen one bird go back and forth between each one chasing away another bird. That bird goes back and forth taking a little sip from each before being chased away from the other.

Glad to see this is turning into a hummingbird thread. :)

I hate the aggressive male Rufous hummingbirds!! I like seeing the giant magnificent hummingbirds, as they're as big as a sparrow! But the move through pretty quick here. Just a steady dose of broadtailed, black chinned, and rufous birds here.

We have 3 feeders each about 50-75 feet from each other and I have seen one bird go back and forth between each one chasing away another bird. That bird goes back and forth taking a little sip from each before being chased away from the other.

It doesn't seem to matter what the food source is. One bird becomes very territorial. They will all survive. If this is going to become a hummingbird thread. I have Baltimore Orioles also feeding. I haven't seen the hummingbird chase them off yet.

Anyone see the shows today about moving bridges? I think it was the History channel Modern Marvels. Pretty neat but I am embarrassed to say I never knew they moved the London Bridge to Arizona back in the 60's brick by brick and rebuilt it as a working bridge. :eek: That is crazy.

You know, the news is on the internet:D

How do these people all cut their cable and still have internet?
If I cut my cable, I have no internet...(the Comcast double bind ! :( )

Back