• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(2) 5500 watt heating elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where are you located? and im new to electric heat sources so what kinda wiring or set up would be needed with this aswell?

You'd need at minimum a 220v 30amp circuit, preferably with a GFCI breaker. If you wanted everything in the same control box, you'd probably want larger than a 30amp circuit. Additionally, if you're using one in a HLT, or want to control boils, you'd need PIDs, SSRs and thermocouples.

Go check out this great resource maintained by Kal from the forums:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/

I love my all electric and doubt I'll ever move to anything else, but fair warning: its not the cheapest of systems to build.

I want one, but something suddenly came up with the dogs, so I might have to use a munch of my brewing money this weekend. I'll let you know.

Back