What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still here. Getting stuff ready for the morning. The 3 year old has toe surgery on both feet.

Minor stuff, I guess as far as surgery goes.

Best of luck - here's hoping it goes as smoothly as the doctor said.

Coffee. Have to run the puppy to the vet in a bit, then it will be time to start brewing a batch of Hop Stinger.

"You drank too much beer this weekend." my bank account said in a scolding tone.

Need a pipeline of homebrew, so bad. Hope I don't come home to a hefe-coated living room.

Coffee. Lots of it.

Praying for a better week and for @thatjonguy, good luck buddy.

More espresso based beverages.

I now know what a 3 year old with a hangover would act like. It isn't pretty.

Surgery went awesome, only took 45 minutes. We are already at home with Tylenol 3 for him AND another new remote control car so he can play while resting.

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts everyone! You guys and gals are great around here!

Time for a beer in about 15 minutes.

Surgery went awesome, only took 45 minutes. We are already at home with Tylenol 3 for him AND another new remote control car so he can play while resting.

Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts everyone! You guys and gals are great around here!

Glad it went off with out a hitch. He got a new toy and daddy will have a beer

Great to hear everything went well!

Good to hear!

Cherry coke. This day is going sooooooo slowly.

Haven't had breakfast and not sure I want to have that or have a beer instead. Problems.

Water.

@bucknuts I really bought it for the bottle. I didn't really hate the beer either.
@thatjonguy that is great!

Water. Just water.

Coffee, at work. Supposed to get to the 70s this week, not good probably start seeing the farmers spraying like crazy the next few days.

Trying to research/shop for a new, bigger brew pot and propane burner on Amazon while on lunch so I can start my adventures switching to all-grain. Turns out LHBS equipment was way, way overpriced for my needs. There are so many options it's giving me Forest Whitaker eye..

Coffee & water.

Good to hear.

Trying to research/shop for a new, bigger brew pot and propane burner on Amazon while on lunch so I can start my adventures switching to all-grain. Turns out LHBS equipment was way, way overpriced for my needs. There are so many options it's giving me Forest Whitaker eye..

Coffee & water.

Check out the bayou kettles on amazon. Cheapest stainless option i found with gallon markings. I'm really glad i got myself one.

Are you using the dogs water bowl as part of the blow off tube?

He likes it. :p
No, it's a Pyrex bowl. The tube is actually in a pint jar of star san, but you can't see it through the foam. This is why I always use two containers for blow off.

Check out the bayou kettles on amazon. Cheapest stainless option i found with gallon markings. I'm really glad i got myself one.

Amazon Bayou Classic

Woah, 16 gallon with spigot and vented lid for $160? That sounds bigger than what I was looking for and I hadn't planned or considered a spigot.. but price seems overly reasonable.

Nobody talks to me all day, I go on lunch... and every engineer and his brother has questions? Ugh. More coffee and soup if I can get to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon Bayou Classic

Woah, 16 gallon with spigot and vented lid for $160? That sounds bigger than what I was looking for and I hadn't planned or considered a spigot.. but price seems overly reasonable.

Nobody talks to me all day, I go on lunch... and every engineer and his brother has questions? Ugh. More coffee and soup if I can get to it.

Yep i have that 16 with spigot and thermometer. Pretty good quality for the price.

More coffee...need to make a quick LHBS trip for some bottle caps so I can get about 3 gallons of Yooper's Oatmeal Stout bottled. I plan on racking the 2 gallons of gingerbread flavored and bottle it next weekend...maybe.

Oh crap...Monday. My closest LHBS is closed on Mondays. I need to go count caps. I may have to do some with oxygen absorbing caps. I should probably age a few bottles anyway.

Amazon Bayou Classic

I have a 10 gallon and wish I had a bigger pot and you will not regret having a valve.

@thatjonguy glad all went smoothly.

Nothing at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions on the brew pot, again.. sorry to clog up the cool kids thread with noob questions.
I think I am going to go with that 16 gallon, despite it seeming bigger than I need.

Coffee and a big middle finger to the guys that made me work on lunch.

Thanks for the suggestions on the brew pot, again.. sorry to clog up the cool kids thread with noob questions.
I think I am going to go with that 16 gallon, despite it seeming bigger than I need.

Bigger the better. More room. Less boil over and option to brew bigger batches :rockin::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

No worries. Not clogging up anything. These questions are always welcome and at least in here, you will usually get great answers and probably won't get the response you would if you started a thread asking your question like "this has already been discussed" or "the search button is your friend."
As far as brew pot size, as long as you have the space, bigger is usually better. Now that I have a couple 15.5 gallon keggles, I don't know how I ever boiled in a turkey frying pot.

Gravity samples of Flanders red version 1 and 2, both are coming along quite nice, tart but far from puckering:D

IMG_5652.jpg

Back