What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breakfast nectar and holy fooooooking it almost took my eye out but nonetheless it is good thanks mark.

ForumRunner_20130913_213347.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_213406.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_213424.jpg

allenH said:
You are in the Tampa Bay Area and drinking victory? What about CCB, Saint Somewhere, Funky Buddha, 7venth Sun, Peg's Cantina???

Edit: I just googled it, there are 14 breweries/brew pubs in the Tampa area. I would be in serious homer beer trouble if I lived there!

image-4251011545.jpg

LOL I try to keep a stock of CCB releases in the fridge at all times.

CliffMongoloid said:
Nice! I heard they were decent this year... Ill see them in 2 weeks when i go home to see them play my hornets!

We should meet up and toast to some good beers I mean good teams, lol

TNGabe said:
Had this on draft last weekend. This is about a million times better. Not sure if it's the bottle conditioning or that I hate the bar I was at.

As Ferris said, 'If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.'

I keep seeing these at one of my "local" bottle shops but have never bought one. Maybe I will pick a few up next time I'm there.

I did grab a De Struise Pannepot Reserva 2010 today. You recommend I drink now or give it time?

dirtybasementbrew said:
We should meet up and toast to some good beers I mean good teams, lol

Football is crazy up here, I graduated from a very big school and we rarely filled our stadium, but our basketball teams were some of the best in the state

I picked up a few of those the other day, they won't see daylight for awhile

I grabbed a '4 pack' in Greensboro, the other 3 are tucked away for safe keeping. Figured since I had the draft last weekend, it would be fun to compare. Busting out my last 'SPEC BREW 2005' for a tasting tomorrow. It has more sediment than any beer I've ever seen, I'll be lucky to pour 9 ozs out of clear beer out of it.

Reading that makes me a little sad. It's my most treasured beer, even beyond my SNR '10s. But, my buddy who is having the tasting is opening 12 Jackie O's bombers including some staff beers and I think a few the brewer gave him from his personal stash. The SPEC BREW is my friends all time favorite beer and I've been teasing him with it since we met.

Stille Nacht packs a punch. I'm about 4ozs deep and feeling warm already. By the time I drink the next beer I pulled from the cellar, I'll be lucky if I'm still posting in the right thread.

Had this on draft last weekend. This is about a million times better. Not sure if it's the bottle conditioning or that I hate the bar I was at.

As Ferris said, 'If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.'

Everytime you post a Dedolle it gives mine a smaller chance they will last till New Years

I keep seeing these at one of my "local" bottle shops but have never bought one. Maybe I will pick a few up next time I'm there.

I did grab a De Struise Pannepot Reserva 2010 today. You recommend I drink now or give it time?

I'd drink it soon. I've never had the the Reserva, but De Struise sometimes doesn't age well past a few years. I think that one does better than most, but I've heard the regular Pannepot can be hit or miss after 3 years and I opened a Black Albert that was on the backslide. I meant to buy some Reserva when I saw it in Baltimore and then got so excited at the $12 Love Child #3 on the shelf, I forgot about the Pannepot until I was in the next state.

Everytime you post a Dedolle it gives mine a smaller chance they will last till New Years

Then you're going to be in trouble tonight. When I told you to take it easy earlier, I forgot who you were talking to. My bad. I wish De Dolle was my homer beer.

Smoking on that I mean drinking on that kronik, gotta say tho I was expecting something dank and got none of that at all maybe it was an old bottle got it in a mix a six so if I see it again ill give her another try still was tasty just wasn't up to my expectations I guess lol

image-151280314.jpg

I'm going to try to get through a vertical of the past 4 years of Belgian quads. Hang on to your hat.

20130913_220405_zps60b973c4.jpg

2013. Just barely carbed, not even close to ready, nice molasses nose, sweet, hot, and vanilla woah. Shone a flashlight through it to show color, it's much darker than it appears here

I'm going to try to get through a vertical of the past 4 years of Belgian quads. Hang on to your hat.

20130913_220405_zps60b973c4.jpg

2013. Just barely carbed, not even close to ready, nice molasses nose, sweet, hot, and vanilla woah. Shone a flashlight through it to show color, it's much darker than it appears here

Beautiful!

Bacon, or any exceptional pork product, goes WITH beer, not IN it. Thought we learned this with the hemp beer thing a while back.

Had the last of your confit pork belly earlier as a snack. What's the spice? I want to say nutmeg or maybe mace? Subtle whatever you used. I think I mentioned I have a few nice pieces of belly from the last pig in the freezer still. I've got a salt cured ham hanging in the cellar, but I'm not so sure about it. It's probably time to unwrap it and see what I've got, but I've been scared to find out I messed it up.

Ichabod pumpkin from New Holland. Tastes/smells like Beef Jerky. Mmmm.. Beeeeeeef Jerrrrrrrrky. So salty and spicey.:confused: Teryiaki I believe also. Wow. Ive had not much luck with New holland beer. Nothing dumpable though,otherwise pretty decent. Still,though... WTF? Very meaty and soy sauce which is not so terrible in appropriate circumstances when your eating stir fry. Damn though! Really? I bought a sixer of this? F. Good thing I like beef jerky. Pretty shure Ill have this for about a year in the ol beer fridge, til I finish it.

I'm not sure how many times I've seen Parliament now. Not a ton, somewhere around three. His son was (or maybe still is) playing guitar for them. They opened with Maggot Brain at one of the shows. No Eddie Hazel, but still a damn fine job. My all time favorite guitar solo and one of my favorite songs.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao

Had a line cook in Greensboro who would drop Parliment's Greatest Hits in the tapeplayer when he walked in the door. Yeah Maggot Brain. And the dude was an old Dead Head. Got turned onto Parliament in college in 1983.

Back to the thread, a cold Bass. Why not?

m3n00b said:
Omfg. So good. Must clone.

Austin home brew had a buy one get one free of their Pliny clone a while back. I'm finally brewing it next week, even though I've never had it as I live on the least coast...

Enjoy!

Back