When will you take YOUR hour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I'm normally asleep when the time rolls back and I don't do anything time sensitive on Sunday. So I figure that means I can set my clock back anytime I want as long as it's done before Monday morning. I'm still living on daylight savings time.

I think I'll roll back to 10 when the clock hits 11. That last hour will be sweet indeed!

All the clocks but my watch set themselves. Plus I had to be at work today... on time. I guess I just got an extra hour of sleep. Yay.

Uhm, you DO know that you were already supposed to have set your clock back already, right?

I would like to take this time to ***** and moan that any supposed conservation savings from us all disrupting our sleep schedules has all been lost by the millions of man-hours spent reminding everyone to frickin change their clocks every six months! I hate it! Just leave the clocks alone! Thank you.

chillHayze said:
What do you think this is, Azizona?

Wierdos

:)

All I know is it keeps my mom happy. She's southeast of Tucson and hates daylight saving time. Why? Because now there's only an hour's difference between her and I when we talk on the phone... :drunk:

She sure as hell can't tell me why, I figure why argue...

I'm just grateful for the extra hour of sleep no matter when I get it.

Ize

My son hates daylight savings time. He bitches all summer long about how he's being forced to go to bed an hour earlier cuz the clocks were moved ahead in April. He says he's gonna move to Arizona when he grows up......

eviltwinofjoni said:
Uhm, you DO know that you were already supposed to have set your clock back already, right?

Jeez, do you like set your alarm clock for 2AM and get up and go through the house resetting all your clocks? You sound like one of those guys who actually does things like, "wash, rinse, and repeat."

;)

I forgot about daylight savings today and went to work an hour early....i was PISSED

I think we should reverse the damn thing. Leave DST as the new norm an then in the fall we go AHEAD an hour, so it's not dark at like 5pm!

My way it would get dark at 7pm instead. I care more about the evening daylight than the morning daylight.

Oh yeah, next year were all going to get screwed up. Time change is going to be at a later date in the fall and earlier in the spring.

There is no time change, at least as far as my greyhounds are concerned. So, it's breakfast at 5 a.m., then THEY go back to sleep. I really hated the spring change back when I commuted. Way too many gorked out drivers.

I wonder when microsoft will put out the vista patch for the new change dates: 2008, 9, 10??? (they are the only major software company that didn't know 2000 was a leap year).

*points and laughs*

those of us here in AZ dont feel the need to abide by your daylight savings time rules

Hated when DST went away in WI only because it's rather depressing when it's dark by 4:30-5p.

AZ voted on it back in the day the US 1st started doing DST and it was nixed. I've been told they didn't want to extend the summer evenings. Summer out here everyone comes out when the sun goes down and is dark around 8p at its peak. Heat factor...

I tried to take my extra hour at the bar, but they kicked me out anyway! A-holes!!:drunk:

Back