Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woot, im in. im a big fan of porters, so it would be nice if you could send those my way asap...:cross:

Well, if we're institution my proposal of sending brew to the worst team in addition to the three best, you'll be getting yours in due time.

Yee hah I'm in. I'm "win14thegipper" and I'll probably be the resident doormat, but it'll be fun anyway. Doesn't matter to me when the draft is I probably can't make either one.........Sat is the better bet but I'm not holding my breath......later!

I've got no problem with letting girls into the clubhouse!

Hell, one of the things I *love* about SWMBO (as she hugs me) is that, being a Buffalo-raised girl, she loved football. Hell, I even got her off those damn Bills and got her rooting for a REAL team.

Of course, maybe that means she's not as loyal as I would like.... F*CK!

Walker-san said:
I'm in now. The Skull Splitters.

I've never done the fantasy stuff before, but I'll give it a shot.

Was the name "Shower Shaggers" already taken? :ban:

Hmmff,
I've been a purist football fan and haven't gotten into FFB as of yet. How can I root for some dude who is spankin my Pack (which will probably be most ffb players). That and I hate bottling. But I do have a yahoo acct and have been wondering what I've been missing.

Desert Swarm is in! But be gentle and use plenty of keg lube as I'm a noob!

I think we need to either put a limit on teams at 12 OR play with only 2 WR's. Any more than 12 teams and you really have to reach for a 3rd WR.

Well, the New York Athletic Jews are in, and ready to roll! (To roll out of bed and watch other teams on television, actually).

Andre Agassi said:
So the line up is 3 wr?

I cant make the draft so if I just pre-rank my players will I get a decent team?

Decent but not great. You'll be able to compete.

HurricaneFloyd said:
I think we need to either put a limit on teams at 12 OR play with only 2 WR's. Any more than 12 teams and you really have to reach for a 3rd WR.

We're at 11 right now. Are we waiting on anyone else? 12 sounds like a good number, in general I would rather have teams of pretty good players rather than be reaching too far.

I'm in... Everyone say hello to my team...

The Scrotum Puppies!

You might as well give up.

(Scrotum Puppies comes from the first time I saw a "Pound Puppy" and said to my girlfriend, "looks more like a scrotum puppy to me.")

OK, couple of dumb questions:

1. When do we know what the draft order is going to be?

2. How many rounds?

3. Here's a real dumb question; do we get credit for our running backs' receiving yards (and receviers' running yards), or do running backs only earn points for rushing yards/TDs?

4. The W/R position - does that mean we have the choice of starting either a third running back or a fourth wide receiver?

Sorry, I'm a n00b...

All good questions Bird, I'm a noob too but I know some of those answers.

1. Randomly determined 30 min prior.
2. I'd guess(?) 8 to fill up: 'QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/R' Or maybe that's how many you play each week and you have more? Must be because of injury. I think I need to know this answer as well. I've been confused on how many to put in my ranking list and how many in each position we get?
3. dunno
4. sound right but dunno.

Is there a place that gives an overview? I know football, just not ffb!

Yes, you get credit for all receiving/rushing/passing yards regardless of position. So if Antwain Randle El throws as TD pass, you get credit for a TD.
I think the W/R is a wide receiver/return man, not positive since I've never played with that position before.
It should be around 12 rounds to fill out your starting roster and your bench.

W/R appears to be wide receiver/running back. If you show top 25 of this type that's the group of guys you get.

Stupid thing doesn't understand the AZ time zone either (since we don't change). it says for me 5:15p MDT which isn't mountain, that central. I just see it counting down which would make it 3:15p Pacific or 6:15 Eastern, right?!?

desertBrew said:
Stupid thing doesn't understand the AZ time zone either (since we don't change). it says for me 5:15p MDT which isn't mountain, that central. I just see it counting down which would make it 3:15p Pacific or 6:15 Eastern, right?!?

7:15 EDT, so 1:30 from now

Well mine says 1:15 till draft. We still need one more person to be able to do the draft though. It says we won't be allowed to do a draft with an odd number of teams

****, I didn't read that one. It doesn't seem like we're having much luck bringing someone else in either :(.

I just noticed that my PC was on MN ( Central ) time since I got back yesterday. Switched it back to local AZ time and now it's saying 2:06 minutes remaining. Nice programming Yahoo :cross:. Well, I know when it's starting, if it does. Wonder where dude is? I'd recommend limiting it to 12 teams, get one more in and then change draft day/time.

if we get to within 30 min of the draft and don't have an even number, I'll create a junk team, pick sucky players with it, and then delete the team after the draft.

-walker

i don't think teams can be deleted after the draft. whoever played your team would get an easy win.

Back