Walking the Mumbles Mile.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
SWMBO and I are headed to the UK next week for a desperately needed vacation. We're going to spend a few days in London, and then we're headed to Wales for a couple to check out some sights and visit a old/new friends.

While researching things to do in Wales, we discovered the amusingly named "Mumbles Mile";

The Mumbles Mile, Swansea pub crawl

9 Pubs along a mile stretch, with casks in those lovely twenty ounce Imperial Pints! :rockin:

We booked a hotel on the other end for obvious reasons..

Anyone else been on some good crawls in the UK to suggest?

9 bars? Thats not a crawl, that's a pregame for a crawl! We had 21 Bars on one half mile street in college! That's a crawL! Granted your beer will be much better!:tank:

Yeah... No blue or corona's on this crawl!

We're hoping to hit up thr Brains brewery to check out their cask operation, and there's a few CAMRA pubs along the way.

Good thing I've been in training for this all winter...

I remember seeing the mumbles mile on Three Sheets. I think I remember the host talking to a guy that did 10 pubs (200oz.) in somewhere under 2 hours. Apparently there is also some crazy women over there that grabs your balls so watch out.

9 bars? Thats not a crawl, that's a pregame for a crawl! We had 21 Bars on one half mile street in college! That's a crawL! Granted your beer will be much better!:tank:

Yea but those are 9 20oz pints not that light weight 12oz American stuff. :)

Craig

Math Class?

16oz * 10 pubs = 160 oz
12 oz * 21 bars = MORE

I'm not downplaying his crawl, I was just mentioning our old college challenge.

Check you math. A pint in Brittan is 20oz. Still 12*21 is greater but it starts getting pretty close.

However I couldn't imagine drinking either. I enjoy my beer way too much to get that hammered. Especially on American macro brews.

Craig

York is pretty good for a pub crawl. Just... York. It's built of pubs! Proper cask ale as well, no/very few kegs in most of the pubs I frequent. In fact, I've been making a crawl planner: it's like a wall planner but with pubs marked on it, and there are plenty of good routes, especially near the south bank.

Back