Hops direct has hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that it's a bit early to harvest 2008 crops. These are most likely from '07.

What is the average shipping cost from hops direct? I put two pounds in my cart, but the shipping charge shows up as TBD. I hate to order before knowing the shipping cost.

Shipping is usually between $5 - $10. They charge actual cost, that's why it's TBD.

I got a lb of Centennial for $40.10 incl. shipping.

OMG THEY HAVE FIRST GOLD. Must. Resist. So. Alluring. Want. To. Buyyyyy.
I'm probably dropping $120 come November on the 08 crop. I shouldn't, I know I shouldn't, but I still probably will.

I can't WAIT for the new harvest to come. I know it won't be the cure for all of this but it'll still help. I've got maybe 3-4lb of hops in the freezer (I'm guessing on the amounts) but of only like 5 varieties. I'm ready to get some new hops! WOOHOO!

I'd look for the 2008 in late September - Early October.
After harvest, drying, pellitizing and figuring out contract divvys will take some time.

:off:
OT I know, but how do you guys store your hops when you buy them in big bulk like this? Do you just put them in the freezer in a bag or something?

Yup, food save them and freeze them.

I'm going to look into the foodsaver tuperwares or the canning adapter bc it kinda sucks opening up the bag for just .25oz or something.

Same here. Foodsaver (knock off brand) and package them in 2oz increments and 4oz increments both. Then I can pick a small pak or a big pak.

The Renoylds (CLICK HERE) wrap food saver is really cheap and it uses cheap zip lock bags.. whole setup is like $15 including bags ($9 for the unit and some sandwich bags, $3 per set of 12 bags) Just my 2 cents.. I have been using it for months now with good results.

DONT DO THE OFFER ABOVE.. you can buy it cheaper at Walmart because the shipping on the deal above is the same cost as a set of gallon bags.

Just make sure you dont get hops in the zipper and you will be fine..

Oh and even though I am buying when the 08 crop comes, I just picked some up from hops direct, shipping to FL was $8.

-DIG

OMG THEY HAVE FIRST GOLD. Must. Resist. So. Alluring. Want. To. Buyyyyy.

I ordered First Gold a few weeks ago and Strisselspalt (ick!) showed up yesterday instead!??? I just e-mailed them last night seeing why I got Strisselspalt and not First Gold. Hope I can work something out.

I just got a foodsaver recently. As soon as I get a little extra cash I'm putting that puppy to use. I am looking forward to getting some grains and hops.

Cascade is the only hop I can get right now that is running me out of the house, Ive been trading all my other hops for cascades because of how much my LHBS has. Win Win I guess I love APA's and IPA's and they need to make money with Mt.hoods bullions and fuggles that I trade them.

:off:What the Hell are they doing down there in Texas? They sure aren't producing Amarillos!!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back