Leinenkugel Clone Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAbrewer

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. I am looking for a Leinenkugel clone recipe if anyone has one. My lady loves the beer. I thinks it's a pretty decent wheat beer myself.

I am sure there are a fair share of craft brew drinkers out there that think it's total crap. My opinion is to each there own. Not everyone's taste buds are the same. There are people out there that would say they absolutely hate the taste of lobster!

So, with that said, i would greatly appreciate it if anyone would share a sucessful clone recipe they might have for this brew.

Leine's has some decent beers- I was drinking creamy dark tonight at a party. The only wheat beer I can think of that they have is "Sunset Wheat" which to me tastes likethe cereal "Fruity Pebbles". Is that the one you mean?

Leinie's Original is like $12.00 a case. I doubt you can make it for that. What about Ed Wort's Pale Ale?

YooperBrew said:
Leine's has some decent beers- I was drinking creamy dark tonight at a party. The only wheat beer I can think of that they have is "Sunset Wheat" which to me tastes likethe cereal "Fruity Pebbles". Is that the one you mean?

Took my friends and I an hour to remember that taste from our childhood, but that is exactly what it tastes like!

Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat

5 Gal

7 lbs 2 row
3 lbs wheat
1 lb crystal 20
1 box Fruity Pebbles

1.5 oz Cascade

Mash for 1 hour at 153 degrees with 3.5 gal, batch sparge with 3 gal at 170. Pitch safale 05 and ferment at 65 degrees. Wait for primary fermentation to be done, about 1 week, pick up your carboy, dump the whole thing into the street sewer and spend 7 bucks for a six pack of it at stop n shop. Drink four and realize that you don't want to be drunk off a breakfast cereal, and then go back to the store and get a sixer of DFH 60 minute or Sierra Nevada Celebration. Drink and enjoy.

mike

MLynchLtd said:
Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat

5 Gal

7 lbs 2 row
3 lbs wheat
1 lb crystal 20
1 box Fruity Pebbles

1.5 oz Cascade

Mash for 1 hour at 153 degrees with 3.5 gal, batch sparge with 3 gal at 170. Pitch safale 05 and ferment at 65 degrees. Wait for primary fermentation to be done, about 1 week, pick up your carboy, dump the whole thing into the street sewer and spend 7 bucks for a six pack of it at stop n shop. Drink four and realize that you don't want to be drunk off a breakfast cereal, and then go back to the store and get a sixer of DFH 60 minute or Sierra Nevada Celebration. Drink and enjoy.

mike

Are you Serious about the Fruity Pebbles?

the funny thing about sunset wheat (other than the fruity pebbles) is it is one of leines most popular beers. Demand definately outpaced production when it first came out.

sweet_corn said:
Which Leinies flavor? Sunset Wheat?

Yeah, sorry, i did not even realize that i didn't put down what brew... the sunset wheat would be the one. I would be doing just a partial mash.

RICLARK said:
Ya I need to quit reading so fast that or get my damn Eyes checked! Sorry

Y'know, it's just plausible enough to pass for a serious recipe with a couple smart-a** comments added ... Fruity Pebbles is a rice cereal spiked with artificial fruit flavors that probably won't ferment out ... that said, I ain't betting five gallons on it!

lol, i've heard of beers made with some breakfast cereals, but I have to admit, if someone actually made a passable clone of sunset wheat with fruity pebbles, i think I'd probably poop myself. right in my pants.

mike

I just toured the Leinies brewery. Sunset wheat, Summer Shandy, and Berry Weiss are all Made from the Honey Weiss , however they are just injected with flavors prior to bottling.

And the Honey weiss only has about 2 drops of honey per 12 oz bottle, they only use 5 gallons of honey for something like a 150 beer barrel batch. CHEAP SKATES.

I could have told you that... do you taste honey in the HB? No. Same w/ J.W. Dundees. Very cheap. In fact a keg of that stuff is cheaper than Miller lite.

Latest posts

Back