anyone else get the day off due to weather?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sully

Reaction score
just woke up and looked outside, no work today! its raining cats and dogs here in so cal and the house we are building does not have a roof yet! im going to bottle my red and hoppy ale. any body else get the day off?

Not today. Last week they sent us home early when we got the huge snowfall.

we worked yesterday in the rain, it was just sprinklin though. its comin down now. make that money guys.

tell me about it. our lake lost like 13 feet this year. and ill take rain over snow any day of the week.

8' ! do you have a tunnel from your house the road or what.

Oregon doesn't get the kind of weather that would keep me from getting to work. Well unless the office floods but its on a hill so no dice there.

We got 8" a couple of days ago, and they closed all the local schools for several counties, but driving to work and hearing the school closings did remind me of when I taught city-wide high school shop (Mechanical Technology) for a whole year, due to long term lay-off about 10 years ago, and getting snow days...

Since I have an Internet business & Sat. DSL, heavy rain, snow or ice will give me the day off. Some times a couple weeks or more. Also means, I'm stuck in the house with a couple greyhounds that think it's MY fault they are missing their walks. Ever read "Door into Summer"?

I also work from home so no snow days for me unless the DSL goes down and i cannnot upload my code changes to work or participate in net meetings.

Latest posts

Back