American Wheat Beer Litehaus Wheat (Boulevard Wheat Clone)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed this per the recipe, and let it ferment about two months at 60-65 F, and cold crashed. I kegged and tapped it about a week later (8 psi and 32 degrees). This beer was excellent. Very smooth/refined with a very slight balanced hint of sweetness/honey (nowhere as near as strong as rice sweetness- I found cream of three crops to be sweeter due to rice). Served this at a party, and it was the favorite of the general population. It was up against Yoopers cream ale, which I also very much enjoy. I also had a Graff and 3.5 year old stout (deception) on tap.

I will brew this one regularly. With my current taste my next brew sessions will be thunderworms American wheat, this beer, and centennial blonde. I haven’t had this side by side with thunderworms, but I’d rank either of these two as my favorites right now.

Thinking of putting this on some blackberry puree, any idea on how much puree to use? I don't remember if the can is 32oz or 64oz - not at home to check

Just finished brewing this for the second time; no changes to the recipe. The first batch is nearly finished off; on keg 2 of 2 now.

Thanks again for the great recipe.

Thinking of putting this on some blackberry puree, any idea on how much puree to use? I don't remember if the can is 32oz or 64oz - not at home to check.

When I add fruit, I use up to 1 pound per gallon, but not sure how "concentrated" (poor choice of word) the puree would be, or how much puree would equal 1 pound of fruit.

Latest posts

Back