• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brutus 10 Style All Grain Brew Stand Frame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehedge20

Reaction score
Custom brew stands for sale! The stand is based on the famous Brutus 10 design by Lonnie Mac and features:

An integrated gas beam in the back ( no pipe, gas is input directly into the tube)
Welded fittings ready to plum for burner assembly.
Mounting locations with tapped holes to mount 2 march pumps.
Detailed engineering schematics I have developed for the build.

This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build their own stand but does not have the welding and or metal working capabilities.

Additionally I offer complete setups which can be tailored to your needs and thus vary in price.
Alternative styles of frames can be made to your specifications.
Custom control panel faces can be fabricated to your needs.

Here are the pricing details:
Price varies depending on material (mild steel or stainless) and ships from Virginia for around $120.

Option 1:
Just the stand(no burners, control panel, etc.): Shipping not included.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.5" Sq. .120" Wall stainless steel stand with welded fittings: $660
2" Sq. .120" Wall stainless steel stand with welded fittings: $800

1.5" Sq. .120" Wall mild steel stand with welded fittings: $415 (Mill Finish)
2" Sq .120" Wall mild steel stand with welded fittings: $460 (Mill Finish)

Option 2:
Complete system ready to brew, Shipping not included.
Stainless: $4,200 (Estimated)
Mild Steel: $3800 (Estimated)

PM me if interested!
Example of completed stand below. Additional photos can be found on my gallery.

4.jpg

say it aint so? It is a thing of beauty, and I didn't even get to brew on it. Truely the gods have it in for me :(

While this post is old and I do not have that stand anymore, I will still build a stand for anyone who is interested and supply the plans to build the rest.

Here are the details:

Complete system keggles and all (Estimated), Shipping not included:
Stainless: $4,200
Mild Steel: $3800

PM me if anyone is interested.

While this post is old and I do not have that stand anymore, I will still build a stand for anyone who is interested and supply the plans to build the rest.

Here are the details:

Complete system keggles and all (Estimated), Shipping not includ
Stainless: $4,200
Mild Steel: $3800

PM me if anyone is interested.
does the mild steel frames include the black high temp paint?

Man that's a sweet set up. I want to build one but I cent weld I'm only a wood butcher (carpenter) lol. To bad wood will catch on fire. Lol. How much would it cost to ship to Jacksoville FL 32244. I'm going to save the info and start saving

Man that's a sweet set up. I want to build one but I cent weld I'm only a wood butcher (carpenter) lol. To bad wood will catch on fire. Lol. How much would it cost to ship to Jacksoville FL 32244. I'm going to save the info and start saving

It is a very nice set up with minimal valves and no hard piping for liquid which makes it easy to change things around. Last time I calculated shipping the cost was about $120 give or take which included the packing supplies. I also go to Savannah GA every once and a while so maybe if your lucky I will drive it there and you can come pick it up!

does the mild steel frames include the black high temp paint?

Here is the problem with high temp paint. Rustoleum products will work but they have a tenancy to flake off after a while around the top from dragging pots across the frame and scrubbing off boil overs. That kind of paint is also not made to withstand direct flame which can happen if you really crank up the heat. There are other products that need to be cured at 250 then 450 then 600 in which I do not have an oven large enough to accomplish this.

That being said, I will paint it with Rustoleum but I can not guarantee the finish. If you really want it done right, the frame would be powder coated which costs around $100-$150 from what I have heard.

When ever you pipe it do you just use cpvc and not glue the ends so the pipe can be taken off , cleaned or switched around ? Just wondering because I have seen someone with a similar set up on you tube . Also just trying to run it through my head because I might start saving up for one.

I am interested in purchasing a stand from you....2" mild steel...shipped to Knoxville TN...can you give me a timeline and cost for basic stand....I will be using low pressure hurricane or banjo burners if that matters.
thank you,

solo103 said:
When ever you pipe it do you just use cpvc and not glue the ends so the pipe can be taken off , cleaned or switched around ? Just wondering because I have seen someone with a similar set up on you tube . Also just trying to run it through my head because I might start saving up for one.

I did not glue the pipe the first time and the connections became loose with the heat. I lightly tacked them with glue and it fixed the problem. I will most likely start running the wireing thru the frame to avoid the problem.

If he doesn't I will, I can build any design you want.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412469598.621498.jpg

I run a 4 vessel system a HLT a dedicated herms tank MT BK and the far end is for a prechiller pot/coil and a plate chiller and I am putting my water filter and control panel on the left end and the three pump plates are mounted under neath. I have it up on casters now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Where are you located?

If he doesn't I will, I can build any design you want.

View attachment 227568

I run a 4 vessel system a HLT a dedicated herms tank MT BK and the far end is for a prechiller pot/coil and a plate chiller and I am putting my water filter and control panel on the left end and the three pump plates are mounted under neath. I have it up on casters now.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back