Electric Brewers in West Michigan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cioffi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm knew to this forum and am interested in converting my home brewery to electric. I live in western Michigan (Grand Rapids) and I'm wondering if there are any electric brewers in western Michigan. I would love to see an electric brew rig in action and get some help putting one together. Anybody out there?

Thanks,
Todd

I should have said, I'm interviewing for a position in Holland next week- if I end up with the gig you guys are welcome to come check out my rig! I have been brewing electric since August- it is getting tweaked at the moment, but I must say that electric brewing is great!

:mug:

I will be going electric just as soon as I get my brew room finished in the basement. Out of curiosity, what part of Grand Rapids?

I live in Eastown (Benjamin and Bates). I would love to talk about/work together on putting together an electric brew rig. I currently do all grain and use propane. I, too, am finishing up a "brew room" in my basement and just starting to gather the components for all electric.

Hey hey! West Michigan Electric Brewers unite! I'm picking up pieces for a 20 gallon electric system right now; hoping to get the Mash Tun up an running within a month or so.

That's great! For those interested, we should get together for a beer and swap project notes, etc. Any interest?

I'm also new to this forum but have been lurking around here for some time trying to absorb some of the great info. I live in West Mich and work in GR. I'm planning on an electric brewery as well. I'm currently cleaning up the one space in my basement that my family doesn't use. New flooring and paint are required before I can start piecing together the brewing equipment. Between work and family it can be hard to find time for brewing, however, I like to call in sick and ignore my family.

Just an update: I was offered and accepted the position in Holland, and will be moving there soon. As soon as we are settled in and I am able to get the brewery pieced together, I would be glad to show how I set mine up and how I do things. We have not done any house hunting or things of the sort, so I am not sure how much I will have to do on our new place to be able to brew electrically (what kind of electric service already in place, needing to install new breaker/wiring, location in the home that I can claim for the brewery, etc.) So those things just coupled with starting a new job will dictate when I'll be able to demonstrate things on my own equipment...

In the interim when I get there I would be glad to get together and talk shop and give whatever help I can to your electric brew rig projects (and share some good brews too of course).

:mug:

Another Hollander checking in. Just moved into an apt. & looking to do a 3.5g/120v e-AG set up. When/where is this get together going to happen?

Oh yeah, Welcome to Holland. Anything you want to know just ask, been here all my life.

Same here. I'm more Battle Creek area, but just setup a 5gall all grain system with heatsticks and a small control panel. Will be testing it all out soon.

Back