My new E-herms.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangevango

Reaction score
I (almost) finished my E-herms this morning, still missing is the stirrer for the HLT and perhaps a second pump. I largely copied The Pol's design, many thanks. Right now Im heating up for a dry run (not actualy dry, just water) So far so good, this is shaping up to be a beautiful friendship.
DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0581.jpg

your going to have problems with that Braided Vinly Hose. It will break down and end up kinking on you. Its only rated for 140 degrees or something. I use that as well and am in the midst of getting some silicone tubing now.

The braided hose will soften, but with a little care (and a few more hose clamps) it will be fine for use. Si is definitely better, but meh...

If you go with an AC gear motor, get the 150rpm one rather than the 100rpm. The 150 does a better job of getting the H2O circulating and there is still plenty of torque.

The braided hose will work, I used itfor 3 years, though I LOVE my silicone from AHS.

+1 on the 150RPM motor... works well, lasts long, 100RPM is as SLOW as you can go unless you have a large impeller

I love the cigar box control

I like how you mounted your pump! You know it wont work like that, right? :D

I had to leave earlier to go to work, so I didnt have time to troubleshoot this morning, but ive got some major leakage going on at the in connection for the pump and at the mashtun bulkhead. Im already seeing why people buy the quick-disconnects also.

Back