Raleigh GRABASS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truble

Reaction score
to the Raleigh contingent-my plans have changed. I am flying down Monday night, working Tuesday and Wednesday, and flying out Wednesday afternoon evening. Not sure if anyone is still available at all. I am staying in Cary, but don't get in until 9:18pm Monday Night.

Unfortunately, I'll be in California from Sunday (the 9th) through Thursday. Then I'll be in Las Vegas from Friday through Sunday (the 16th) so I won't be around when you are here.

Bummer.

-walker

Too bad Walker. To all else, let me know. This will be the first trip of a few over the next couple months, as I am on a project to upgrade/replace some datacenter servers/storage in our manufacturing plant down there.

Since Truble will be in Cary maybe we could try the MacGregor Ale House next to where the Fox & Hound used to be. Or bluegrass at Edenton. Or Flying Saucer. Regardless, I will make myself available for showing Truble a good time.
Jeff

I would prefer PM (after work). I had to cut a day off the trip, so I will most likely be working through any breaks in the day, and also will not be "sampling" ....as for the location, I will leave that up to you!

I am heading down tonight guys. Let me know (via post or PM) if you are going to be able to get together. No biggie one way or the other. I know that it is sometimes tough to sneak out on a Tuesday.

Well, I'll keep tomorrow evening notched out. We can decide where by concensus. I think Boston wants to hit the Flying Saucer which is fine by me (he indicated he could probably drive Truble since it's not exactly straightforward to find for an out-of-towner). We could also do MacGregor which doesn't have as much selection, but is in Cary.

Baron von BeeGee said:
.........he indicated he could probably drive Truble since it's not exactly straightforward to find for an out-of-towner......

:drunk:Have you ever driven in Boston/MA?:D

Why don't we say Flying Saucer at 8:00 Tuesday night.
Truble, let me know where you're staying and I'll come get you @ 7:30
Jeff

Truble said:
:drunk:Have you ever driven in Boston/MA?:D

Boston was the first big American city I had to drive in when I was in the US for the first time. This was a vacation 2000 and I was driving with a street map on my steering wheel, trying to find the hostel. I made it w/o an accident and it wasn't until I lived in eastern MA for a few years that I realized what an accomplishment that was ;).

I'll swing by to. But it might be later since I will have to put my daughter to bed first.

Kai

Where are you hanging in Cary, Truble, and what's your tolerance for driving in a strange land? We have several options...here are a few:

MacGregor Draft House (Cary):
http://www.villagedrafthouse.com/macgregor/
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=107+edinburgh+drive+south,+cary,+nc[/ame]

Flying Saucer (Raleigh):
www.beerknurd.com
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=flying+saucer,+raleigh&ll=35.781614,-78.63812&spn=0.018313,0.027595[/ame]

I am staying at the La Quinta over near Tryon Rd exit 293a off of 1South, and I am working down on Technology Drive (EMC Corporation) near rt55. I don't have a problem meeting you guys there, as I need to finish up some school work before I head out, and I don't know if I will be at my hotel or coming straight from work.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Where are you hanging in Cary, Truble, and what's your tolerance for driving in a strange land? We have several options...here are a few:

MacGregor Draft House (Cary):
http://www.villagedrafthouse.com/macgregor/
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=107+edinburgh+drive+south,+cary,+nc

Flying Saucer (Raleigh):
www.beerknurd.com
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=flying+saucer,+raleigh&ll=35.781614,-78.63812&spn=0.018313,0.027595

I vote for McGregor. The Saucer is pretty noisy and smoky :( and they seem to have a good beer list at Mc Gregor.

Kai

Though, in looking at the map, MacGregor's is very close to where I am right now.

Since it is closer, I might be there a little early. I will be wearing a Red Sox Hat. I am up for any time, really. I just need to call my wife for a bit, and change.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Yep, MacGregor it is, and they do have food. What time can you make it, Kai? Are we still saying 8pm or should we move it earlier since we're not going downtown?

Make it 8, but don't wait for me. My wife is feeling really sick b/c of her pregnancy and I want to help by putting our daughter to bed. This usually happens around 8, but could take longer. I'll give you, BeeGee, a call once I leave the house to see if it still makes sense to drive down.

Kai

I think the best compromise is probably ~7:30 since Truble may go to eat (and me, too) and I probably need to leave by 9 (wife also pregnant, behaving oddly...). Unless you're thinking earlier, Truble.

That is fine with me, even if I am going to get there a little earlier. I will plan on being there by 7:30pm.

Had a great time last night at MacGregors w/ the Baron. Too bad others couldn't make it, but I will be making a couple more trips dow nover the next couple months I think.

Sorry guys I couldn't make it :( (especially since you got to watch the Red Sox opening Day game)

My daughter didn't go to bed until late and my wife must have come down with a virus.

Kai

Kaiser said:
Sorry guys I couldn't make it :( (especially since you got to watch the Red Sox opening Day game)

My daughter didn't go to bed until late and my wife must have come down with a virus.

Kai
Did you at least get my picture?? Sorry you couldn't make it, but I understand how it goes.

Baron von BeeGee said:
I enjoyed it, too. Nice to hang out and talk beer, baseball, and Boston while having beer and watching baseball. BOSTON, you would have loved it!

Well, see you again in a few weeks.

Sorry I had to miss it....SWMBO had a meeting and I had to cook dinner, shuttle girls to softball practice, help them w/ homework and put them to bed. LOL, my oldest daughter is taking Driver's Ed., she will be driving on the "Beltline" this afternoon!
Truble, (is it "trooble" or "trouble"?)I will make it up to you next time you're in town.
Baron, did you find out if Trub has a "real" name? ;)
Bosox are looking good!
Jeff

Back