Brew Pot and Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone

Reaction score
Need a little help. My wife is buying me a kettle and wort chiller for my B-Day. I will be moving from Extract and Partial Mash to AG brewing and will be sticking with 5 gallon batches that will be bottled. If you had it to do again what kettle would you buy and what Wort Chiller? Thanks.

Both the 32qt and 40qt Kettle at Morebeer.com are quite nice. I have the 32qt version. It's fine if you hit your volumes just right. Things get a little hairy if you happen to end up with 7 gallons of wort rather than 6.5. If I had it to do over, I'd go with the 40qt. The immersion chillers at Morebeer.com are quite nice as well. Be sure to get the kitchen faucet adapter if you brew in the kitchen.

Chad

i made a cfc and it worked excellent on the first and only brew i've had it for. very simple build up if you feel like doing it yourself, otherwise they get a bit more pricey if you have to purchase a cfc.

Back