Infection.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
Bout 4-5 months ago I brewed a wheat fermented with wlp001. After primary i dumped 4 pounds of raspberries and the peel of 2 lemons Long story short it was not well received. Now it's clearly infected. What should I do any advise?
I have a nice pipeline so if it's a loss it not a big deal.

image-263060036.jpg

image-1068447573.jpg

image-3604963871.jpg

image-405655970.jpg

a. Keg/bottle and drink it fast
b. Leave it until it drops and call it a sour beer, it may turn out great
c. dump it

I'd try a or b if I were you.

Lacto.

How does it taste/smell now? I make lots of sour beers, and I love them. They usually taste pretty good once they start souring, and really good a few months after that.

I'm an extremely quick dumper. Anything less than awesome becomes fertilizer. Don't tell me it might be awesome someday: I might be dead by then. Don't get me started Revvy.

If you give it a try and are disgusted in any way, dump and don't look back.

Hi,

Let it ride out for 8 months to 18 months or send it to me!

I love some great sours. All in all, it is another chance to learn about a great stye.

Cheers!

I'll let it ride. Can I pull a sample without disturbing the nasty?

you can. ease the sampler through the sour crust. if you do, make sure you sanitize the hell out of what you pull the sample with after you pull the sample

lumpher said:
you can. ease the sampler through the sour crust. if you do, make sure you sanitize the hell out of what you pull the sample with after you pull the sample

Or

I would just dedicate anything plastic to your sours.

OMG! I went to take a sample and the beer splashed in my eye! What should I do? My eyes are burning and I cant see straight. OMG!

Back