FAMILY what doyou think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullstop22

Reaction score
Recently we attended a family reunion. Each year they hold an auction of white elephant items to raise money for the next reunion. I asked the wife if it would be ok to throw in a mixed six of home brew. She said great idea. I just happened to have six different beers to go. They were Belgian Tripel, Pale Ale,Wheat.Wheat with peppercorns,Porter and a Rye IPA. We had old pics of the family on 3 of the labels and on the others tied family history to them. The reunion was held in a city park so we decided not to set the six out but made a poster with the labels on it and said HOME BREW SIX PACK on the top. We explained to the cousin running the auction what was involved. The six came up the bidding went well and ended at $16. I thought $ 12 would have been good. After it turns out they would have bid that just for the poster. They thought the beer with the labels was fantastic! The guy that bought it said he is going to put it in a shadow box as is and NOT going to drink the beer. My wife and I are not understanding this. We thought at least 1 craft beer drinker would be in the bunch. I should have put water in the bottles.

Yes, drink the beer and fill the bottles back up with water and recap them. Fun tip: add food coloring.

It is a 3hr drive back do not think I will go back for the beer. Now we have request for empty bottles with the labels and pictures of labels. I do not get the fascination of the labels if you don't want the beer.

Back