Keg connector parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I feel like I've been asking lots of kegging related questions lately, but I promise, I'll shut up soon. Maybe I can compensate with some homebrews!

I'm trying to figure out what pieces I need for both my gas and liquid side connectors for my kegs. I have flare style, ball lock quick disconnects for both keg connections. It's attaching them to the gas and beverage lines that I'm having trouble.

1. Gas side disconnects. I've been looking at this picture, and trying to find the parts on McMaster.

http://sdcollins.home.mindspring.com/Gas Keg Fitting.JPG

What is the name of that intermediary piece? It's flare female and NPT male. Can't find it on McMaster.

2. Liquid side disconnects. Looking at the great fridge project writeup, he has flare tubes with hose clamps holding the beverage line. I'm not a fan of the hose clamps. Can't you get push connect fittings on the beverage side similar to the gas side?

Thanks! One of these days I'll be kegging finally!

I'm sure someone here has some ideas... sounds like quite a few people have kegerators!

if you go to ihomebrewsolutions, they have a direct flare to push connect fitting.

it is a bit more tricky with the liquid side though, because you need to balance the lines with the pressure. for the PC fittings, you usually need semi-rigid tubing. most of us use flexible pvc tubing with fairly well known restrictions. i don't know the restriction of the semi rigid tubing. you could give it a try and let us know how it goes though.

one thing - if you are afraid of brass on the liquid side, you will need to find a stainless method of doing the push connect.

I went to ihomebrewsolutions, but I only see two products available: the hop stopper and the sight tube. I didn't see that push connect fitting. I suppose I can email them, but it doesn't seem like they stay up to date. They still have ordering info up there for xmas of 2006. Thats why i was trying to find a way to make the connections through mcmaster (or any other reliable source).

I couldn't find the adapter in McMaster either. Don't be afraid to e-mail ihomebrewsolutions. The guys name is Dennis. I'm sure he would be glad to help.

Latest posts

Back