Shipyard Brewery...you're dead to me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the bigger picture, twist-off caps make sense for a general beer-drinking population because you don't need any tools (or knowledge of special tricks) to drink the beer. Instant access for the masses.

I'm really surprised more breweries don't use twist-off caps. A matter of street cred, I guess.

Kind of like how a screw-capped bottle preserves wine as well as a corked bottle, but only the cheapest and/or renegade brands use screw-tops, because corks have some kind of magical value-added cachet.

Proboscidea said:
In the bigger picture, twist-off caps make sense for a general beer-drinking population because you don't need any tools (or knowledge of special tricks) to drink the beer. Instant access for the masses.

I'm really surprised more breweries don't use twist-off caps. A matter of street cred, I guess.

Kind of like how a screw-capped bottle preserves wine as well as a corked bottle, but only the cheapest and/or renegade brands use screw-tops, because corks have some kind of magical value-added cachet.

It's my understanding that screw caps are better for wine than cork. Easier, more economical, more reliable, and you don't need to strip a 7-year-old tree. Also, no more "corked" wine. But, yeah, tradition dies hard, especially in the wine world where a $3 bottle could get a 97 just because the taster thought it was a $60 bottle.

Back