The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same satellite hopefully. Viasat Satellite 2 gets you coverage all the way to the UK and should transition to the European coverage after that. There will probably be more people on the plame with usage but the new sat comes with more horsepower. I believe Icelandair and United now use the same satellite.

Edit: here's the little f*cker launching off from the Amazon rainforest. At that point largest rocket/payload ever launched. People from the company said you could feel the blast 5 miles away

Last edited:
Take the long way to the fridge.

and here i dream of glycol chilled lines running under my house with taps in every room....

There always has to be a pioneer to be the first.

pee-wee herman?

edit: damn, i didn't realize i was in the 'northeast forum', lol...i'm southwest.....i will ignore this thread like i do brew science from now on!...once again sorry....but it does sound like it's going to have to move to the debate forum....

Last edited:
and here i dream of glycol chilled lines running under my house with taps in every room.

Sounds like a sanitation PITA to me.

Actually, I draw my brews a pint at a time from cellar in building next door, kind of the opposite I guess. Slows me down a bit, which is good for me. Sometimes I get so enthralled with how good my beer tastes(to me) I would be up the proverbial creak if the keg were by my side.

Sounds like a sanitation PITA to me.

Actually, I draw my brews a pint at a time from cellar in building next door, kind of the opposite I guess. Slows me down a bit, which is good for me. Sometimes I get so enthralled with how good my beer tastes(to me) I would be up the proverbial creak if the keg were by my side.

one keg of PBW, star-san would do it! and i'm fortanate when i had problems with drinking too much...i just decided to learn how to eat. now i can drink all i want.

(and yes, i know i said i was going to avoid this forum like the plague. but for a while some of my other not so clean alcoholic friends had rats and fleas....lol)

So I gotta say...

France has it all over us in so many ways. For lunch today I had some of the best cheese in the world, some bread that makes any other bread you’ve ever had taste like ass, Pate’ de foie gras and champagne.

And their beer is like watching a Three Stooges Film Fest where all the episodes feature Shemp. I mean, seriously? You shouldn’t be allowed to exist as a country if you can’t brew a single decent beer. I don’t want to hear about Belgium being 200 miles away. That’s bullish!t. Stop chain smoking the Guitanes and learn how to brew.

Ya know, I’m starting to think about giving the Germans a mulligan. Ya kind of can’t blame them.

So I gotta say...

France has it all over us in so many ways. For lunch today I had some of the best cheese in the world, some bread that makes any other bread you’ve ever had taste like ass, Pate’ de foie gras and champagne.

And their beer is like watching a Three Stooges Film Fest where all the episodes feature Shemp. I mean, seriously? You shouldn’t be allowed to exist as a country if you can’t brew a single decent beer. I don’t want to hear about Belgium being 200 miles away. That’s bullish!t. Stop chain smoking the Guitanes and learn how to brew.

Ya know, I’m starting to think about giving the Germans a mulligan. Ya kind of can’t blame them.

There is some excellent beer in France, you just need to get away from the 'old culture' that is wine & Belgian beers.

Are you anywhere close to Bois d'Arcy (a bit SE of Paris)? If so, you need to check out O'Clock Brewing

https://www.facebook.com/oclockbrewing

Another of my favorites for great local beer is Outland Bar over in the 11th Arr. They have 8 taps of their own beers + 4 guest taps, plus the meat and/or cheese plates are superb - https://outland-beer.com/home

And FWIW, hasn’t anyone in this f’ing country ever heard about lung cancer? WTF? I wanted to schedule myself for a low dose chest CT halfway through lunch.

Yep, the only part I dislike about Europe is the smoking, everywhere! My wife and I try to hit a different county every year and we find the one common thing is the smoking. And the lack of decent air conditioning.

Have fun in France!

Just checked into a hotel in Strasbourg France. Sitting on to hopper in the dark because there has to be a master switch somewhere that turns in power to the rooms but I’ll be damned if I could find it before time became a pressing matter. Unfortunately that light switch probably controls the fan.

Europe would be a lot more tolerable if they adopted American standards of plumbing (specifically shower sizes), electricity (more plugs) and air conditioning (not enough).

Just checked into a hotel in Strasbourg France. Sitting on to hopper in the dark because there has to be a master switch somewhere that turns in power to the rooms but I’ll be damned if I could find it before time became a pressing matter. Unfortunately that light switch probably controls the fan.
I typically see a room key card 'holder' near the room's door. inserting your room key card into this activates all things electrical in the room, and ensures that energy usage takes place only when the room is occupied.

I typically see a room key card 'holder' near the room's door. inserting your room key card into this activates all things electrical in the room, and ensures that energy usage takes place only when the room is occupied.

Yup. I would and did figure it out but the turtle was threatening to stick his head out immediately, and while I don’t NEED a light to birth a Yankee fan, I really didn’t want to miss and make the room uninhabitable 30 seconds after checking in.

I’m working on a theory that just might solidify my status as a bonafide quack.

I’m eating pâté de foie gras de canard every day in an effort to ward off the damage I know I’m doing to my liver. You’ve all heard of pro-biotics. I coining the term “pro-hepatics” and plan on publishing a case study in an upcoming NEJM describing the therapeutic benefits of foie gras for a small group (N-1) who avoided hepatic encephalopathy by consuming nearly equal amounts of foie gras and ethanol over a ten day period. (CI 0.00001).

Damn. I’m singlehandedly going to make that paper in The Lancet describing a link between vaccines and autism look like solid science.

Back