Pilgrimage to Tuckermans Ravine 2007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
It's getting to be that time of year again. Spring is only a few weeks away, and that means the ultimate east coast backcountry experience will soon be upon us.:)

If this storm actually strikes on Wednesday. March might be fun. Also looking at the window between 4/15-5/3.

Overnighter for certain. It usually ends up taking two nights for me. Typically I'll leave VT about 8pm, and camp out in Barnes Field. Usually arriving around 11pm, and then skirt out by 7am to get over to the Pinkham notch early to pickup a camping permit, and hit the trail by 9am so we can make turns before lunch, and get a spot up at hermit lake. then stay the night in the shelters, followed by more riding, and then exit down the sherburne ski trail:ban:

Glibbidy said:
Here are the tenative departure dates for the 2007 Tuckermans Hajj

4/15-4/17
4/22-24
4/29-5/1

I'll bring the beer.

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to check with the wife. Do you want to set a date and a rain date given the fact that we are so much dependent of fair weather?

Kai

Man, I love tuckermans, beautifull spot. Loved to look out over Lion's Head. But I doubt I can drag my flabby butt up that climb. Last time I tried I gave up 3/4 of the way.

We'l plan on going one of the weekends, starting with 4/15. If the weather sux then we'll move it back to 4/22, if the weather still sux we'll move back to the 4/29 date, and if thatne doesn't work.....then the window closes for me on going.

Verm- you should consider coming, if anything for the beer alone!

Glibbidy said:
We'l plan on going one of the weekends, starting with 4/15. If the weather sux then we'll move it back to 4/22, if the weather still sux we'll move back to the 4/29 date, and if thatne doesn't work.....then the window closes for me on going.

Verm- you should consider coming, if anything for the beer alone!

I can only go either 4/22 or 4/29. What about including 4/1 as well?

Kai

Alright I have been rallying with my ski patrol cohorts, and we are getting very excited for this trip. Looks like my sherpa will be transporting 5 gallons of my alt beer up to hermit lake for us to consume after we earn our turns. Now to figure out how to dispense the beer remotely...

This weekend is looking grim with the precip & cooler weather in the forecast. looks like the trip will be bumped back a week at this point.

Looks like it will all unfold this weekend. Tune your two way radios off 9-14 and go to 4-20. I'm meeting Kaiser with some of my friends for some back-country antics! Any other takers?
This graph put s it all into perspective. :eek:

normal_TUX~Pitch.jpg

The trip went off without a hitch. Unfortunately we did not get to meet up with Kaiser on the mountian. We did however manage to swap some beers in the parking lot. :) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-0jIO4FG8"]View video from the trip here[/ame].

Back