Blichmann Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying I could or would want to buy it, but I thought it was interesting for brewers who don't have the time or skill to weld their own brew stand.

All to often I hear guys on this forum criticize others that want to buy a premade stand saying "it's not worth it". The reality of it is, that not everybody can weld and not everybody is handy. The blichman stand is a very nice stand for those who do not want to, or can't build their own and can afford to buy a premade stand. It looks well made and Blichmann stands behind their products.

I wasn't bad mouthing anybody; I don't have the equipment, skill, or time to build a stand.

To be honest, I'd probably be very interested in the Blichmann stand except I don't have that kind of money to spend on what I'd consider to be a luxury. I make good beer using my turkey fryer and cooler mash tun.

Kegging is probably where I'm going to make the next big financial committment, but I think I'll keep my eye on the Blichmann stand over the next couple of years. Maybe after I no longer owe a car payment, I'll start wanting some new toys.

I wasn't bad mouthing anybody; I don't have the equipment, skill, or time to build a stand.

To be honest, I'd probably be very interested in the Blichmann stand except I don't have that kind of money to spend on what I'd consider to be a luxury. I make good beer using my turkey fryer and cooler mash tun.

Kegging is probably where I'm going to make the next big financial committment, but I think I'll keep my eye on the Blichmann stand over the next couple of years. Maybe after I no longer owe a car payment, I'll start wanting some new toys.

I am sorry. It was not meant for you. I weld but didn't have the time to build a stand. My wife saved for a long time and bought me a Brew Magic stand (just the stand). The stand wasn't cheap and I made the mistake of posting how much it cost. I won't say anything more.......

sawdustguy - a lot of people are DIY elitists on this board - don't waste your time worrying about them... incidentally - are you a woodworker? Always nice to meet other woodworkers...

I DIY everything because it's in my blood I think... I just love tinkering. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying something for whatever reason. This forum is for brewing mainly, and there's no law that says you have to make everything you brew with...

I DIY everything because it's in my blood I think... I just love tinkering. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying something for whatever reason. This forum is for brewing mainly, and there's no law that says you have to make everything you brew with...

I DIY everything cuz I'm cheap and I like to know how stuff works. Sometimes it doesn't turn out cheaper, sometimes it doesn't turn out better, but I still like mine best. :tank:

-OCD

They are expensive but so is your time to build one if you don't get enjoyment out of doing that. It's your money, your time and your hobby. Do as you wish and don't feel guilty. Just enjoy the hobby.

sawdustguy - a lot of people are DIY elitists on this board - don't waste your time worrying about them... incidentally - are you a woodworker? Always nice to meet other woodworkers...

Not by trade, but by passion. Woodworking is my numero ono hobby. I inherited it from my pop who was a cabinet maker. I DIY'ed everything on my brewery except the stand. I couldn't have done it otherwise because I could not afford to buy a commercial made system like the Brew Magic. I even weld but didn't have the time to build a stand if I wanted to brew this summer. It would have taken me forever. I have a 12" cabinet saw I inherited from my dad, a delta DJ-20 jointer, 20" thickness planer, Leigh Dovetail machine, Multi-Router I built myself and a MiniMax Band saw. My wife turns and she has a Oneway lathe. Yes, that is how I got my handle on the board.

i know how to weld but don't have any equipment so to do either would cost me about the same maybe even more building my own after the welder, stone saw , grinder , gas , filler wire and stock

Back