CO2 sales Louisville Ky-Southern Indiana???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hey all...Does anyone know of a business that refills CO2 in the area noted? I called Liquor Barn and I was promptly informed that unless I pay a 100$ deposit fee and then 8$ for a fill I could not purchase or exchange my brand new 5# CO2 tank for one of theirs...Well I wont be buying anything from there anymore...I have a call into the HB Club and am awaiting a response...Would Paint Ball courses be able to fill a 5#er or are they relegated to the 20oz or smaller? Thanks

I just find a gas place. Like for welding and stuff. I don't think paintball places can do it. Different fittings.

Head to Welder's Supply, 335 Boxley Ave.

(502) 637-4771

Under $10 for 10 pounds, under $8 for 5 pounds, and they'll fill your cylinder rather than exchange it.

My buddy and I where told the same thing. Whoever was answering the phone had no clue. We spoke to a manger this morning and its all worked out, they will do the exchange for the price of the gas only. The manger was pissed at who ever had been telling customers this. The bad thing about welders supply is they are only opened till 5 and no weekends, and to keep your tank you have to drop it off and pick it up the next day.

i use welders supply, good prices. as larry said, just sucks having to leave the tank till the next day.

I have found if you get ask the guy exchanging the tanks at the welding supply they will give you shiny new aluminum tanks every time. A 6 of HB don't hurt once and a while also .

My place just replaces my tank with another one. Sometimes it's shiny sometimes it looks like crap. It holds the same and always pushes!

My place just replaces my tank with another one. Sometimes it's shiny sometimes it looks like crap. It holds the same and always pushes!

I started with crappy looking steel ones but since they are inside my kegerator the tend to rust and leave a nasty ring if I don't put it on something like a plastic plate. Also 20 lb steel tanks are heavy

I decided to go to Welders Supply...My lovely wife dropped off my new tank this eve while I was at work...It will be ready around noon tommorow...Just a hair under 8$ and hopefully my first kegged batch will be drinkable by Saturday...HOORAY...7.8% ABV...

So can I just walk in to liquor barn and ask for an exchange or do I have to call ahead or what? What is their price for 5lb?

Back