2-3 beers a day leads to gastic cancer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I conformed my behavior to all of the reports like this I have heard and read over the years, I would not only be unhappy, I probably would have died by now thinking there is nothing that is safe to consume.

True that ;)

I know most recent reports actually said that drinking beer in moderation is good for you (1-2 a day). I have 2 tap kegerator now and plan to upgrade to 4 or 5 within 2 years. With so much beer how can one only have 1-2 a day? :0

I guess that makes you blind and ____? ;)

_

No. The other place where it was posted is General Beer Discussion, description of which reads - Topics not pertaining to any of the forums in the section but still dealing with home brewing

This news article is not talking about home brewing, thats why I didnt post it in the section that deals with home brewing and instead posted it in General Chit Chat area. The other guy posted it in the wrong section, not me.

not worried about it two years from now they will tell us it's ok, just like they have been doing with eating eggs.

Actually, IF we're believing the article... 2-3 beers a day might be OK. They don't really tell us what the effects of that are.

Researchers found that people who regularly consumed more than 60 grams of alcohol (equivalent to four to five beers) a day had a 65 percent higher risk of developing gastric cancer over the study period than people who regularly drank 0.1 to 4.9 grams of alcohol a day (less than a beer ).

The older I get, the more I think that medical "researchers" don't have any clue and really don't do more than measure correlation.

Caffeine is bad for you, but then Coffee is good for you.
Bacon is bad for you, but then Bacon is good for you.
Wine is bad for you, but the wine is good for you.
Cigarettes are good for you, but then cigarettes are bad for you.
Heroin is good for you, then heroin is bad for you.
Cannabis is good for you, then it's bad for you, then it's good for you if you're sick.

And so on and so forth. Anymore, unless some researcher can show me a video of a test subject drinking a beer and then spontaneously combusting, I'll just carry on.

Either die slowly from beer or die from boredom when you're watching a ball game without beer

I'd be more concerned with whats going to happen when we find out it wasn't such a good idea to keep our cell phones in our pockets snuggled up next to our balls for 70 years.

ryandlf said:
I'd be more concerned with whats going to happen when we find out it wasn't such a good idea to keep our cell phones in our pockets snuggled up next to our balls for 70 years.

What are we supposed to do, the balls get the best signal

Back