rinsing sanitizer AFTER sanitizing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBam

Reaction score
if i want to rinse my equipment after using a no-rinse sanitizer, can i use tap water if i trust my local water company? on brew day, i soak everything then rinse with water and go.

i'm new to the whole process & haven't tasted the finished product yet to see if it matters or not.

thanks for input in advance

so, i guess what u are saying is plan ahead, use a no rinse sanitzer, let it dry then pull it out when it is dry and use it. sound right?

how do you keep "stuff" (i.e. dust, bugs, etc) out of and off equipment? do you cover it with anything special? or just keep it in a room that is fairly undisturbed? probably both, huh...

It doesn't need to dry. Sanitize your equipment right before you use it.

If used according to the directions, no rinse sanitizers will leave no off tastes or pose any danger to you or your yeast.

great! i will do that for my next batch. i have the first batch in bottles & will be ready to drink in a week. the second batch is finishing primary ferment right now. hope they turn out okay even tho i did my rinse thing.

well, homebrewing is a journey & i'm in it for the long haul.........it's in my blood, i guess.....raised in milwaukee, lol.

sweet. well, this homebrewing thing has really bitten me. it's like being a kid with a home chemistry set...but at the end, you get to drink the finished product!

i will definitely keep in touch with you guys. appreciate all the help. i'll let you know how the brew turns out

Back