2 outlet Co2 Regulator with one side not working.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinRI

Reaction score
*First Post*
Not new to home brewing (2 years now) but new to kegging. Don't ask me why I bottled for 2 years I don't know!! haha. Just kegged my first beer (Bel Wit), I have a 2 port regulator I am using for the first time. 1 barbed ball valve outlet works perfect and the Co2 flows freely, the other however no Co2 comes out at all no matter what position the ball valve is in. Just will not flow at all. Any ideas? This is a brand new regulator, brand new Co2 tank.

-Ryan

*First Post*
Not new to home brewing (2 years now) but new to kegging. Don't ask me why I bottled for 2 years I don't know!! haha. Just kegged my first beer (Bel Wit), I have a 2 port regulator I am using for the first time. 1 barbed ball valve outlet works perfect and the Co2 flows freely, the other however no Co2 comes out at all no matter what position the ball valve is in. Just will not flow at all. Any ideas? This is a brand new regulator, brand new Co2 tank.

-Ryan
First of, welcome to HBT, I have no idea, unless the regulator is bad, try closing the first one off, uhook it, and try again leaving the fist one off, may have something to do with the pressure not getting to the second one, some of the new gas regulators are like this,( safety reasons) and open the gas valve on the tank slowly, maybe someone else will chime in soon with more tips, good luck.:mug:

It's actually a Y fitting off the regulator (not inline) and 2 barbed ball valves off that Y, so if one is getting pressure and the other isn't it probably is the ball valve that is not working properly, cause obviously the Co2 is coming out of the regulator and through the y fitting in order to get to the valve that works.

Just perplexes me when I buy a "new" regulator set up and something does not work (Bought it like 2 months ago though so I can't really return it.

Thank You All,
-Ryan

Take it apart, might be some crap stuck in there....

Weird that a ball valve "doesn't work" though....when those things fail they usually fail OPEN, not shut. Maybe the check valve inside the ball valve assembly is just a bit stuck? Try cranking up the pressure to ~40 psi with only the "broken" ball valve open, (handle inline with hose).

Sounds like a sticky check vavle.

Pump up the pressure until it unsticks!

If that doesn't work...you'll have to replace it.

K, I'll blast it with pressure tonight and check. Other than that my first kegging was a success! Very very happy I am no longer bottling

Back