getting crazy with stout:honey and chai tea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexbanner

Reaction score
So for my next batch I want to get really crazy since I just picked up Radical Brewing. (awesome book btw)

I plan on doing a partial boil, and instead of plain water, adding a few gallons of brewed chai tea. This works fine, by the way, in case you were wondering. I made a green tea hefe before. The flavor is subtle, so don't be afraid to use a whole box of teabags or more.

I also plan on adding honey to the secondary. Radical Brewing recommends adding syrups such as honey during secondary to get the most flavor out of them. How much should I add? Was thinking maybe half a pound to a pound of pasteurized honey, mixed with some warm water to dissolve it.

Then, finally, I want to prime with muscovado sugar.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good stout recipe that might compliment these flavors. Maybe a sweet stout? Also, any tips concerning my plans would be greatly appreciated!:mug:

That's quite the experiment you have going there. I'm intrigues by using tea as your water. Did you do AG for your last one?

24w66fa.jpg

Back