Poured the Priming sugar in after the beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin22

Reaction score
So I poured the priming sugar in after I poured the beer in the bottling bucket. I mixed it as well as I could with the fear oxygen in my mind. So I stirred it well, but not to crazy.

Will I have bottle bombs and flat beers?

did you boil it first? If you boiled it first, a gentle stir should have done the trick, as it would have been dissolved already. If you did not, you are a silly man!

Was the sugar dissolved in water when you poured it in?

If so, you'll likely be fine. Also, the oxygen effects will be minimal to none provided you don't keep the bottles for years. Even so, you might not notice it.

If you didn't dissolve the sugar first, then yes it's possible that you'll have some inconsistent carbonation.

I boiled the sugar for about 4-5 minutes then cooled the water/sugar solution down to about 75 Degrees F and poured it on top of the beer. Then stirred, bottled

No reason to cool the sugar solution; there's so little of it that the vast quantity of beer will absorb the heat.

You're fine. I've added the sugar solution after once or twice, and I always stir, either way.

Back