Mouse excrement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgree

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am brand new to home brewing and in the equipment purchasing stage. I have a buddy that received a home brew kit a couple years ago that was never used. The kits sat in the garage where it was invaded by mice. There were mouse turds in the box and in the plastic fermenters. there is also excrement on the sides of the glass carboy as well as the cleaning brushes. There wasn't alot, but i guess that really don't matter, ones probably enough. Would any of this be salvageable? With some oxyclean and star san, what do you think? My initial thought was everything plastic and nylon (brushes) throw away. I guess I am not positive though. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

I'd be squeamish about the lot until I had soaked the whole kit in a damned strong bleach solution.

Then I might be able to get over the whole ancient mouse turd thing...

Cheers! ;)

Organics are EASY to clean and sanatize, especially out of a glass carboy! I'd rather have a bunch of mouse turds in a glass carboy than some caked on hops in a plastic fermenter!

Latest posts

Back